A strong wind blew through East Norriton on June 10th at 8PM. Two of my tall trees went down - an ash and a cherry. They did not create an immediate hazard. Some of my neighbors were not so fortunate. One tree on Eisenhower fell on a power line. The power line was half way down when I passed it on my bike. I called PECO when I got home at 9 on the morning of the 11th. Oddly no one else had. Because I could wait until July, I got a better estimate for cleaning up my trees. However...

I decided to survey my property for vulnerable situations that might put me in an emergency given all the severe weather global climate change seems to be bringing. You can see below that my blue spruce had a split top. The lower branches were diseased and dying. It was becoming top heavy right near the power line. So....

I hired some men with a bucket from Retriever Services to take it down.

There are two 6 feet tall red bud trees that were growing under the Spruce. You can see them in front of the trunk if you look closely. Because they lose there leaves in the Fall they won't shade my driveway all winter like the Spruce did. Nice to have more sun to melt the snow on the drive. In the Summer Sunset Avenue is so nice because it is shaded. Hope my red bud trees will do the same for Embassy someday.
With my tree uprooted all the shade on my picture window is now replaced by warm sunshine every morning. My electric energy consumption was 50% higher than last July ( about the same average temperature) - costing me an extra $63.00. Even with the extra air conditioning cost, my kitchen was still warmer than last year. So I ordered an awning for my kitchen window. If it works well, I may put one on my other large window in the family room.