By Splicer
After the July 12th "Sunshine" version of "Einstein comes to East Norriton", what is the next step?
I believe Einstein will now do site studies and submit in about 3-4months time its comprehensive plan for the project. If this project is indeed an inevitability, every aspect of it should be scrutinized, and resolved not exclusively on Einsteins's terms but inclusive to all residents and neighbors of the site who will have to cope with the results, both logistically and financially.
Einstein's financial responsibility for the infrastructure (roads, traffic improvement, water and sewer hookups, noise abatement,environmental protection - there must be more that don't come to mind) should be scrupulously enforced, by proper non-partisan authority. No shortcuts of any sort. If it becomes a 5 year project, so be it.
By Virginia Fitzpatrick
Yesterday, I wrote a letter to the editor of the Times Herald in response to staff writer Carl Rotenberg's extensive article about the new Einstein Hospital hearing last week end.

I forgot to mention that Project Director Montalbano had also told me at their open house last week at the bowling allies on DeKalb Pike, that only some of Montgomery Hospital will be used as an outpatient clinic after the new Hospital opens. They may eventually move the clinics to Sacred Heart Hospital. Then the Montgomery Hospital building would be use for something else??? I feel sad for my friends in Norristown, who want the care at Montgomery Hospital. Many of the Staff and Patients either walk or take public transport to the Hospital. It will be difficult to reach the new hospital unless they own a car.
By Splicer
If clinics are moved to Sacred Heart, a proper and necessary use of the hospital or at least part of it would be as an LTAC facility.
Long Term Acute Care is sorely needed in this area. The only such facility is at St. Agnes Medical Center in South Philadelphia.
It is a profitable venture, and if Einstein isn't interested in persuing it, others might.
I would feel a lot more comfortable about the proposed hospital if Einstein was still a part of the Jefferson Health Network.
If their intent is a top-flight multi-skill facility, it is hoped they staff it with the best specialty practitioners and equipment and establish a reputation of overall outcome excellence, which is not par for the course at their mother ship faciity.