By Virginia Fitzpatrick
Thanks to our State Rep - Jay Moyer - EN was blessed with funds from PENNVEST to upgrade our failing sewer system. Today I received a robo call from Gov. Rendel asking us to vote YES for clean water in PA which would provide funds for PENNVEST to make more loans for infrastructure improvements.

Today I received a robo call from Gov. Rendel asking ME to vote YES for clean water in PA which would provide funds for PENNVEST to make more loans for infrastructure improvements.

The referendum asks voters if they support allocating $400 million to help communities throughout the Commonwealth fund necessary upgrades to wastewater and drinking water facilities. In many cases these upgrades are needed in order to meet federal and state clean water mandates.

Financial help is needed for many of Pennsylvania’s 2,200 drinking water systems and 1,060 wastewater systems to meet federal and state environmental mandates, ensure clean drinking water, and clean up pollution discharges into our rivers and streams. If state government does not do its fair share through this Clean Water referendum and other programs to help finance these needed improvements, local ratepayers will foot the entire bill. This $400 million investment will help keep water and sewer rates from skyrocketing, but only with your approval! For more info go to www.PAFairSharePlan.org
By Virginia Fitzpatrick
It appears that the Sewer Bond for the State of PA passed.

Water and Sewer Improvements Bond Referendum
423/423 100.00%
Under Votes 185397
Over Votes 5

Vote Count Percent
NP - Yes 154,576 68.21%
NP - No 72,028 31.79%
Total 226,604 100.00%

For more PA election results CLICK HERE
By Splicer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks to our State Rep - Jay Moyer - EN was blessed with funds from PENNVEST to upgrade our failing sewer system. Today I received a robo call from Gov. Rendel asking us to vote YES for clean water in PA"

The sewer bond passed; Mr. Moyer was "coat-tailed". A shame. Hopefully Matt Bradford will advocate for ALL his constituents and continue initiatives begun by his predecessor.