Phaedrus wrote:Mohammed had nothing to do with Sharia law. That came later and has multiple interpretations. You are a silly paranoid little boy. And a bigot.

I will go back to BORO FRIENDS QUOTE
You make me laugh though.The addressing of credibility and obvious mistakes from a guy who will go out of your way to twist ,turn ,change the subject ,that will pick and choose any part of a post you think you can manipulate ,and ignore any post or part of a post you can't or don't wish to explain away. This from the same guy who will call other people liars,or tell them they don't know ,misunderstood,don't have all the facts,got it wrong... all while somehow implying that you are some kind of a superior being that you clearly are not or even close to ever becoming.Phaedrus this is your practice on every given subject with an opinion different then yours. (and name calling)
I don't object to your opinion. I object to your posting lies and calling them facts. I also don't think bigotry is a valid opinion that requires an even-handed response. It merely needs to be pointed at and called by its proper name. You use a white tiger as your avatar and the name paesano which refers to cultural exceptionalism.

But I digress. Gingrich's statements are great for stirring things up, but why should U.S. policy be based on those of a dictatorship. He is calling for tit-for-tat religious intolerance. He knows that every word he said is un-Constitutional, but no matter. He will say whatever stirs people up for electoral gain. Funny how the right reveres the Constitution - until they don't.

So, I ask you again to stop equivocating and admit you want to ban the Muslim religion.
Last edited by Phaedrus on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A symbol of progress in Lower Manhattan
By Joshua M. Z. Stanton and Zeeshan Suhail

Journal of Inter-Religious Dialogue
Muslim Consultative Network

In the rabbinic tradition, it is said that if you bring color to a person's face by upsetting them, it is as though you have physically struck him. If so, the Cordoba House and its leaders have endured a true assault.

This past month has seen a flurry of protests from extreme opponents of the Cordoba House, a proposed community center in Lower Manhattan that would be founded by Muslims but serve all New Yorkers. While dissenters comprise only a small minority of voices, they have drowned out the large and growing number of the center's supporters, as well as those who simply want to learn more about its overarching aims.
Individuals, like tea party leader Mark Williams, have mislabeled the Cordoba House a potential breeding ground for fundamentalism and tried to smear its sponsoring organizations, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, both of which have a strong record of promoting interfaith dialogue and improving Muslim-Western relations.

Sadly, these protesters have failed to distinguish between the mainstream Muslim majority and the tiny minority of militant Muslims.

Opponents say that building a Muslim-led community center near Ground Zero, a site of profound American loss and pain, would be a "victory" for militant Muslims and a loss for Americans. In fact, it is the undermining of Cordoba House that would be a true loss for Americans. One need only look as far as its name - inspired by the medieval city in Spain, Cordoba, where Christians, Jews and Muslims co-existed and thrived for 800 years - to realize that these critics are misguided.

In fact, Cordoba House is poised to become a gathering place for the enemies of militant Muslims: mainstream Muslims. It will be a sign of internal resistance to the tyranny that a small group of terrorists has tried to impose on the broader community of Muslim believers, whose ultimate goal is peace.

We, a lay Muslim American and former New Yorker, and a future rabbi and current New Yorker, are proud to stand behind this initiative. It sends a clear and profound global message that Muslims will not tolerate extremism and instead seek to collaborate with followers of other faiths and work for the common good.
Global significance aside, just imagine the local impact of Cordoba House: the community center would provide, in its creators' words, a "cultural nexus" for New Yorkers to come together for education, performances, sports and person-to-person interaction.

New York is one of the most religiously diverse cities in the world. Where better to create a space where Muslim, Jewish, Christian and Hindu New Yorkers, among others, can learn from each other through art classes, poetry readings, film screenings and interfaith dialogue? By investing in the larger New York community, Cordoba House is poised to become an incubator of social progress and haven of tolerance.

In many respects, fringe opponents of the Cordoba House have already failed - even before they rallied in protest against it on June 6. New York's Community Board recently endorsed the community center with a vote of 29 to 1, with 10 abstentions, and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg expressed his support for its construction.

Yet for Cordoba House to achieve its true potential, particularly in the face of such radical critics, people of all backgrounds must support this initiative and others like it - politically, socially, financially and, most importantly, personally. For it to truly bring together people of all religions and even those of no particular faith, New Yorkers - and indeed all Americans - should voice their support for Cordoba House and speak up about what they would truly like to see within its walls.

By participating in this effort together, New Yorkers can reclaim Cordoba House from its detractors and help it come to fruition as a symbol of progress.

Zeeshan Suhail is a Board Member with the New York City-based Muslim Consultative Network. Joshua M. Z. Stanton is co-editor of the Journal of Inter-Religious Dialogue and a rabbinical student at Hebrew Union College in New York City. This article was written for the Common Ground News Service.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xBgdFQIGag

You make me laugh though.The addressing of credibility and obvious mistakes from a guy who will go out of your way to twist ,turn ,change the subject ,that will pick and choose any part of a post you think you can manipulate ,and ignore any post or part of a post you can't or don't wish to explain away. This from the same guy who will call other people liars,or tell them they don't know ,misunderstood,don't have all the facts,got it wrong... all while somehow implying that you are some kind of a superior being that you clearly are not or even close to ever becoming.Phaedrus this is your practice on every given subject with an opinion different then yours. (and name calling)
By paesano
Phaedrus wrote:Answer the question. Do you think the Muslim religion should be banned?

Those Islamists and their apologists who argue for "religious toleration" are arrogantly dishonest. They ignore the fact that more than 100 mosques already exist in New York City. IT ALREADY EXIST! :roll:

paesano wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:Answer the question. Do you think the Muslim religion should be banned?

Those Islamists and their apologists who argue for "religious toleration" are arrogantly dishonest. They ignore the fact that more than 100 mosques already exist in New York City. IT ALREADY EXIST! :roll:

1. Islamists do not argue for religious toleration. Islamists are intolerant, but you don't seem to know the difference between Islamist and Islam.
2. So what if there are 100 mosques? (But please provide where you get the number)
3. Look who is now avoiding the question and picking and choosing what he will answer. When you asked me a direct question I answered it, as I have answered everything in this thread.
4. You no longer have EITR to hero worship so you have downgraded to BF. At least EITR was coherent.

Now you can answer three questions.
1. How many Christian churches are in New York?
2. What is the maximum number of Mosques that should be allowed?
3. Do you think the answer to two is zero because Muslims should be banned?

Wait, here's another point to ponder - are you counting the Nation of Islam among the mosques.
someone explain to me why a bunch of kids were thrown off the steps of the US Supreme court because they were praying...

NO MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMolLriAkQ