By Stinky Pete
If you get this vaccine for your kids, be aware that it causes a lot of kids to faint. The idiots at the doctor's office told us this AFTER one of my kids fell face-first into the floor. Pretty beaten up now with bumps and bruises and bitten tongue. Just be prepared...
By cupcake
Not from the vaccine, most likely from needle,anxiety....if it was from the vaccine itself, then the idiots at the doctors office would have to fill out a state mandated adverse reaction form that gets submitted to the state and manufacturer. Then you would be in contact with a representative from Merck, the makers of the vaccine and someone from the CDC. Did that happen?
By Stinky Pete

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday strengthened warnings on Merck & Co.'s (MRK) Gardasil vaccine about fainting after receiving reports of "traumatic injuries" among some vaccine recipients.
In a posting aimed at health-care professionals posted to the agency's Web site, the FDA said all vaccine recipients should remain seated or lying down and be closely observed for 15 minutes following vaccination "to prevent falls and injuries."
Gardasil was approved in June 2006 and is designed to protect against four strains of the human papillomavirus, or HPV, two of which account for about 70% of cervical-cancer cases. It's recommended that girls ages 11 to 12 receive the vaccine in a three-dose series before they are sexually active, and it coincides with recommendations on other vaccines.
The FDA said that since October 2007 a discussion about fainting has been in Gardasil's labeling for both the health-care provider and the patient. However, warnings about fainting have been strengthened and moved to a more prominent place on the drug label and on information that is supposed to be given to patients before they are vaccinated. The new materials were approved by the agency Wednesday.
The FDA said that individuals who faint sometimes have jerking movements and seizure-like activity but it doesn't mean a person is having a seizure.
The agency also said some patients who fainted had serious injuries from falling. Some injuries were seen while patients were still in the doctor's office while others resulted in car accidents.
The FDA said fainting has been reported after administration of other types of adolescent and adult vaccines. It said it's considering whether to strengthen fainting warnings on other vaccines.
The agency said that in an adverse-event database that tracks vaccine safety, 13% of Gardasil-related reports describe fainting.
By BigGabber
We opt'd out for this shot. It just doesn't cure or prevent enough cancer to have it done. We did the research and with all the side effects it just wasn't worth it. So my kids have every shot but that one.
By me
BigGabber wrote:We opt'd out for this shot. It just doesn't cure or prevent enough cancer to have it done. We did the research and with all the side effects it just wasn't worth it. So my kids have every shot but that one.

Years ago after high school I worked as a medical assistant in an OB/GYN office, after seeing the side effects of HPV (before it even turns to cancer) and the painful treatment women had to go through to make sure it doesn't turn into cancer was enough to warrant the shot for my daughter. I've seen too many women have to go through hysterectomies in their 30's and deal with early menopause. I'd never want that for my child.
By okokokok
Me, I agree. My niece had HPV and boy did she go through a lot of invasive treatments and worries about cancer, and may not be able to have children. I also work with a woman who had it and for certain will not be able to have her own child. I am all for the shots, actually I'd be more worried about not getting them since it is so easy to get the virus. My co-worker had ONE sex partner, the man she married. My niece got it from a high school kid who got it from?????? who got it from???? Teenagers are having way too much sex, if one virus can be prevented it should seriously be considered.