By pinkie1978
Never will I waste my money....Almost as bad as the feds!
By pinkie1978
sonofagun wrote:if you call helping our neighbors and fellow americans a waste shame on you! I hope you need help one day and no one shows up!

Look my friend do you know how much the president of the Red Cross makes? Plus their travel. Lots of perks. I donate to the Salvation Army.
By JuneCarter
sonofagun wrote:I just want to say if you have extra money and you can afford it, please donate to the disaster relief fund through red cross. You can go to http://www.redcross.org/Hurricane_Aid to pledge a donation. The proceeds will definitely go to a legitimate cause. You will be helping our neighbors in New Jersey and New York and any other east coast state that was affected by Hurricane Sandy. From all the news coverage you can see that people in places like Seaside Heights NJ and Breezy Point NY need our help now more than ever. I'm sure you've seen the pictures. Many towns were totally devastated and many many people are now homeless. FEMA is helping but Red Cross donations will be received quicker than anything our federal government can put together. Let's just pray for all those whose lives have been turned upside down.

Great post, Sonofagun! We have and I hope we are able to again. God bless!
(ignore Pinkie)
By pinkie1978
sonofagun wrote:I hope I misunderstood you, because what I'm hearing is helping those in New Jersey and New York who have lost everything is a waste of your money. Please inform me if I'm mistaken!

reread my post.
By pinkie1978
sonofagun wrote:And by the way, if the Red Cross is such a bad cause to donate too, why do all the news channels recommend them? Just wondering? You seem to have all of lifes answers Pinkie, I just want to know what your thoughts on that are? And yes, I'm well aware that they all recommend the Salvation Army as well.

the head of the American Red Cross is paid more than $650,000 per year, the head of the United Way is paid $375,000 per year and the head of the Salvation Army is paid only $13,000 per year, something to keep in mind next time you are making donations to non-profit organizations.

Do you understand NOW.
That is why I want my money to go to good use. OK
Oh and you have to ad perks too.

I want a bang for my buck. Pretty easy to figure out why . Now cut the Red Cross a check for $650,000.00 So that June's money will help someone! OK?
By JuneCarter
It's disgraceful what people make off of others' misfortunes however there are necessary evils, like lawyers, doctors and insurance agents.

However, Pinkie...are you saying that a well run organization such as the Red Cross should compare salaries on the high end such as, various Penn State Admins. or the low end, such as POTUS? Just curious.
By pinkie1978
JuneCarter wrote:It's disgraceful what people make off of others' misfortunes however there are necessary evils, like lawyers, doctors and insurance agents.

However, Pinkie...are you saying that a well run organization such as the Red Cross should compare salaries on the high end such as, various Penn State Admins. or the low end, such as POTUS? Just curious.

Look June you spend/donate what you want to the folks you want too. I shall do the same.
Salvation Army is my choice period.
End of story. No debating.