By pinkie1978
Just what we needed a 4-6 pitcher. Good move.
By JuneCarter
Phaedrus wrote:Unfortunately, it won't help them hit the Giants pitching. I think we needed a bat, not an arm.

I'm looking at it this way. Remember the year the Ravens won the Superbowl? Dilfer was a mediocre QB at best. It was their defense that kept points off the board.

All ya need is one run to win if the other team is swingin' at nothin' but air. 8)
By norton
++ Though I do watch an occasional baseball game I confess I am not a fanatic on the sport but it just seems ridiculous that any ball player in any sport is being paid not a million, not a few million but 120 million dollars to play a game. What do you think? :shock:
By pinkie1978
norton wrote:++ Though I do watch an occasional baseball game I confess I am not a fanatic on the sport but it just seems ridiculous that any ball player in any sport is being paid not a million, not a few million but 120 million dollars to play a game. What do you think? :shock:

Not my money. And so far BO has not given them any money yet.
By Jason747
norton wrote:++ Though I do watch an occasional baseball game I confess I am not a fanatic on the sport but it just seems ridiculous that any ball player in any sport is being paid not a million, not a few million but 120 million dollars to play a game. What do you think? :shock:

It does boggle the mind. But in the end it is supply and demand. 100 million people have the ability to be waiters, 10 million maybe able to train as a plumber, 100000 could be doctors, 1000 are talented enough to be NFL players, 20 maybe good enough to be elite major league pitchers.

Less of us who can do a certain task, the higher the pay for said task. And since our society places such a huge emphasis on sports, insane contracts like this exist.
By Phaedrus
JuneCarter wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:Unfortunately, it won't help them hit the Giants pitching. I think we needed a bat, not an arm.

I'm looking at it this way. Remember the year the Ravens won the Superbowl? Dilfer was a mediocre QB at best. It was their defense that kept points off the board.

All ya need is one run to win if the other team is swingin' at nothin' but air. 8)

So maybe we can trade Blanton and Utley for a 4 who can bat 3rd and make plays?