By Phaedrus
Something's missing, something's missing...oh, yes!

By Phaedrus
I wonder if there is something genetic within families that make them harmonize so well.

Here is a song which I'm sure they didn't play at Breitak67's high school dances. :)

A couple weeks ago on WXPN they requested songs written in the style of Bo Diddley. Someone suggested this Smiths song. My first reaction was, huh?, but then I realized it was a brilliant suggestion.

Last edited by Phaedrus on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By breitak67
I was in a band in HS. We thought we had chosen a safe song for performance at a school function in Billy Joel's Uptown Girl, but it was nixed for questionable lyrics - they were afraid that his claims of being a "downtown guy" was some kind of reference to oral sex.
By Phaedrus
I hated this song when it came out as a prime of example of how far a once great and relevant band had fallen. Then it was used in the movie Three Kings to create a surreal atmosphere. Now I'm okay with it because the association has changed.

By Phaedrus
It used to be a band would wind you up at the end of the night. Leave you wanting more. Now they want you to settle down and leave.

This is old school.

By Phaedrus
She is Zooey Deschanel
Him is M.Ward from Monsters of Folk