By Phaedrus
Ryan wrote:The President will let the Dems know that when THEY shut down the government, each and every non essential worker will be handed a pink slip and their department budgets will be adjusted accordingly. That is how Trump negotiates with someone who is unreasonable. I know how this guy operates. Anyone stupid enough to challenge him generally comes to regret it eventually.
good luck.

I think the American people understand by now that it is Republicans who want to drown the government in a bathtub. You can't control all branches of government and then blame the minority party when it falls apart.
By eriknben10
Ryan wrote:The President will let the Dems know that when THEY shut down the government, each and every non essential worker will be handed a pink slip and their department budgets will be adjusted accordingly. That is how Trump negotiates with someone who is unreasonable. I know how this guy operates. Anyone stupid enough to challenge him generally comes to regret it eventually.
good luck.

Wouldn't that be great. Finally get rid of the worthless pencil pushers. Bring back those that are needed to run departments that are only necessary to run the swamp.
norton liked this
By eriknben10
Remember when the Dems force this shutdown over funding the security it is going to cost a lot more than the $22 billion asked for to fund the security measures. Here is what the shutdown cost back in 2013.
http://web.archive.org/web/201709122325 ... t-shutdown
Last edited by eriknben10 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Stinky Pete
Phaedrus wrote:You can't control all branches of government and then blame the minority party when it falls apart.

Exactly. When you control everything, you need to be accountable.
By Phaedrus
As we can see with Ryan and the non-voting E&B, the hapless Republicans are already spending more time and effort on blaming the Democrats than getting things done.

The Republicans were so lucky that the Obamacare enrollment software screwed up at an opportune time as their popularity was plummeting due to the shutdown. Everyone associates shutdowns with Republicans. They never learn.
By Phaedrus
eriknben10 wrote:
good luck.

Wouldn't that be great. Finally get rid of the worthless pencil pushers. Bring back those that are needed to run departments that are only necessary to run the swamp.

What is really worthless are people who live off rent. Parasites. :lol:
By Stinky Pete
Also, I don't think it was a good idea for Trump's fraud doctor to agree to say that Trump doesn't have dementia. With dementia, Trump has an excuse. Without it, all we're left with is that he's really, really stupid.

“I know words. I have the best words.”

― Donald J. Trump
By Phaedrus
I was thinking more along the lines of sociopath (a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience), though it's safe to say Trump has never shown interest in absorbing information. This is probably why he has a history of over-paying for properties and calling it a great deal. :lol: