By norton
Here is one of the main differences-
---- The percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You know what the private business sector is: A real-life business not a government job. Here are the percentages:
38% T. Roosevelt
40% Taft
52% Wilson
49% Harding
48% Coolidge
42% Hoover
50% F. D. Roosevelt
50% Truman
57% Eisenhower
30% Kennedy
47% Johnson
53% Nixon
42% Ford
32% Carter
56% Reagan
51% GH Bush
39% Clinton
55% GW Bush

8% Obama

This helps explain the bias, if not the incompetence, of the last administration: ONLY 8% of them have ever worked in private business! That's right! Only eight percent - the least, by far of the last 19 presidents! And these people tried to tell our corporations how to run their businesses!
By Stinky Pete
When you read these things, wherever it is you find them, do you ever think, "wow, that's hard to believe. Maybe I should look a little further."?

As with most of what you post, it's not true.
Last edited by Stinky Pete on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By eriknben10
Phaedrus wrote:Reduced to reliving past glory already are we?

The present and future is even better but reliving these unforgettable moments is priceless. I hope they keep the charades going into midterm elections and rid the country of a few more chicken little's.
By Phaedrus
A Danger to the World
It's Time to Get Rid of Donald Trump

A DER SPIEGEL Editorial by Klaus Brinkbäumer
May 19, 2017 06:18 PM

Donald Trump has transformed the United States into a laughing stock and he is a danger to the world. He must be removed from the White House before things get even worse.

Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States. He does not possess the requisite intellect and does not understand the significance of the office he holds nor the tasks associated with it. He doesn't read. He doesn't bother to peruse important files and intelligence reports and knows little about the issues that he has identified as his priorities. His decisions are capricious and they are delivered in the form of tyrannical decrees.

He is a man free of morals. As has been demonstrated hundreds of times, he is a liar, a racist and a cheat. I feel ashamed to use these words, as sharp and loud as they are. But if they apply to anyone, they apply to Trump. And one of the media's tasks is to continue telling things as they are: Trump has to be removed from the White House. Quickly. He is a danger to the world.

Trump is a miserable politician. He fired the FBI director simply because he could. James Comey had gotten under his skin with his investigation into Trump's confidants. Comey had also refused to swear loyalty and fealty to Trump and to abandon the investigation. He had to go.

Trump is also a miserable boss. His people invent excuses for him and lie on his behalf because they have to, but then Trump wakes up and posts tweets that contradict what they have said. He doesn't care that his spokesman, his secretary of state and his national security adviser had just denied that the president had handed Russia (of all countries) sensitive intelligence gleaned from Israel (of all countries). Trump tweeted: Yes, yes, I did, because I can. I'm president after all.
By Stinky Pete
"His decisions are capricious and they are delivered in the form of tyrannical decrees."

Trump doesn't know the meaning of half the words in that sentence.

Also the author shouldn't have said that Trump doesn't read. The reality is, Trump can't read (above a 4th grade level)
By JW
The German lib deflects what is happening in Europe where their policies are destroying the own country to attack ours. He should pay more attention to home.
By Phaedrus
He is not attacking the USA. He is attacking Trump. The Germans have every right to be alarmed at the dismissive attitude that is being shown by Trump with regard to Putin's increasing meddling in the domestic affairs of other nations.