Stinky Pete wrote:From ABC news

During his phone call with Pena Nieto, Trump urged his Mexican counterpart to stop saying that Mexico will not pay for a wall on the southwestern U.S. border. A signature Trump promise during the presidential campaign was that he would build the wall and make Mexico pay for it.

"You have a very big mark on our back, Mr. President, regarding who pays for the wall," Pena Nieto said. "My position has been and will continue to be very firm saying that Mexico cannot pay for that wall."

Trump responded, "But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that, and I cannot live with that. You cannot say that to the press, because I cannot negotiate under those circumstances."

He went on, "But the fact is we are both in a little bit of a political bind, because I have to have Mexico pay for the wall. I have to."

He suggested that they publicly say they're still determining who will pay for the wall.

Trump then threatened, "If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore, because I cannot live with that."

lol, no one believes that exchange took place.
Boro Friend wrote:[

No, of course no one would believe that. When he speaks publicly, he sounds so intelligent. And he doesn't say anything embarrassing to other world leaders, or their spouses.
Stinky Pete wrote:
Boro Friend wrote:[

No, of course no one would believe that. When he speaks publicly, he sounds so intelligent. And he doesn't say anything embarrassing to other world leaders, or their spouses.

People really need to quite biting the shinny hook.
By Phaedrus
Boro Friend wrote:

Who has denied it? Seriously. All I am seeing from Trump surrogates are attempts to minimize the importance.
By Phaedrus
I wonder when WAPO got these transcripts. One day Trump signs on to Russian sanctions and, in spite of his attempts to apologize, the next day this hits. Probably just the same coincidence as the timing of Podesta email leaks.
By Boro Friend
Phaedrus wrote:
Boro Friend wrote:

Who has denied it? Seriously. All I am seeing from Trump surrogates are attempts to minimize the importance.

I more interested in having ABC prove it.
By Phaedrus
It's the Washington Post that broke the story. They released a reproduction of the transcripts. Again, no one is denying it. Even FOX News is running the story.

"There are still people who are out there who believe we're making it up," (Shep) Smith said. "And one day they're gonna realize we're not and look around and go, Where are we, and why are we getting told all these lies?"
The press has done itself no favors. They have spread so much garbage and misinformation that the one time they do get it right will be more inline with the tale of the boy who cried wolf too many times . Like I said, let them prove it.