Boro Friend wrote:I don't think we have seen the end of that story.

Stranger things have happened. Right now, the story as I understand it is that Trump pulled that accusation out of nowhere, and demanded an investigation. While reviewing what surveillance was taking place, someone found that one or more of Trump's team was picked up "incidentally" in unrelated surveillance. In no way does this make Trump right. In fact, it should make people even more concerned about what's going on.
What Nunes talked about was already suggested what would happen weeks ago. Funny he says he won't tell his source because he's on the Intelligence committee but he lo won't share the info with the rest of that same committee. Also, more likely the foreigners were the ones being surveilled and they just happened to hear Trump's people. Spider web is getting bigger and bigger.
JuneCarter liked this
We probably should try to keep to one or two threads.

Phaedrus wrote: This seems to be related to the story that people in the Obama administration were spreading investigative files around the bureaucracy so as to make it harder for Trumpites to find and erase them. It's information related to other investigations that happens to have caught Trump associates talking to the subjects of the investigation. Apparently it is explosive enough that people feared it would be destroyed.

This is what happened to the last Mayor of Norristown. He was caught on tape talking crime to someone who was the subject of a completely different investigation. County investigators passed the info to the FBI and the rest is history.

I'm guessing there are a billion reasons to investigate Trump, starting with his bogus tax credits.
Stinky Pete wrote:
Boro Friend wrote:I don't think we have seen the end of that story.

Stranger things have happened. Right now, the story as I understand it is that Trump pulled that accusation out of nowhere, and demanded an investigation. While reviewing what surveillance was taking place, someone found that one or more of Trump's team was picked up "incidentally" in unrelated surveillance. In no way does this make Trump right. In fact, it should make people even more concerned about what's going on.

Doesn't make him wrong either.