By eriknben10
This was merely finishing old business and getting the house in order. One could say he was sticking it to the 5 Republican's that voted against it I suppose.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ ... vote=00496

Correction: 4 R's 1 D
By Phaedrus
Both Clinton and Bush said they would do it and then didn't, perhaps because voting on it and doing it are two separate things.

But you didn't answer the question. How is this good for America? I'm guessing the answer for Clinton and Bush was, it's not.

What Trump just did is stupid.
By eriknben10
Finishing old business is all it was. Kicking the can is not the game they play in this administration. Why did they vote on the bill in 1995 might be a better question for you to figure out your answer. Saying you are going to do something is different than actually doing it. Sitting on the sticking point in the region did nothing to further the negotiations in the last 22 years. Doing the same thing over doesn't change anything. Welcome to progress.
By Phaedrus
What a load. In each and every case it was a sop to American evangelicals. This has made America less safe.
By eriknben10
I know you have inside information that the rest of us don't but pay attention to what is happening over there a little bit, for a change. Look at Mohammad bin Salman and the alignment with the players of today. Big things are happening.
By Phaedrus
:lol:

How impressive! Trump's not trying to curry favor in Alabama, he has a master plan for the Middle East! If only the Palestinians knew his love for them.

Go ahead, connect the dots for us.
By eriknben10
I'll let you connect your own dots. My lines are solid.