Phaedrus wrote:Perspective

1. FDR : 70.4%
2. Reagan: 41.4%
3. Teddy Roosevelt: 37.4%
4. Obama: 32.5%
5. Bill Clinton: 32.2%
6. George H.W. Bush: 21.4%
7. Trump: 20.7%

In full perspective when you're at the bottom there is only one way to go. What a crock of chit Axios is. :roll:
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:No, he can still go lower.

The stupid article that Bloomburg posted and Axios parroted means nothing.
Presidents don't control the gambling of the markets. Anyone that believes the President can move markets is in the wrong business.

Here is some more of their crap if it excites you. But the numbers make him look a lot better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... etting-dow
By Phaedrus
I think everyone agrees there was a Trump bump, so a President can affect markets. The problem for Trump is he can go lower because all of the other numbers come from Presidents taking over either during or shortly after a recession.

When Trump was elected, the market was flat and behaving like it would go into a correction. Trump caused a lot of money that was on the sidelines (cash positions) to come into the market, but now it is again behaving like 2016. We have been on an 8 year run up, so chances are it will fall.
By eriknben10
Phaedrus wrote:I think everyone agrees there was a Trump bump, so a President can affect markets. The problem for Trump is he can go lower because all of the other numbers come from Presidents taking over either during or shortly after a recession.

When Trump was elected, the market was flat and behaving like it would go into a correction. Trump caused a lot of money that was on the sidelines (cash positions) to come into the market, but now it is again behaving like 2016. We have been on an 8 year run up, so chances are it will fall.

I agree the Administration could change investing behavior a tad but the President himself really doesn't move the market, call it what they may. I get tired of hearing the BS. It's like the record skipped,the record skipped, the record skipped. You know they print that crap to try and demean the current administration. It's like the Bhagwan took over the news media. Not good for the country IMO.