By eriknben10
Phaedrus wrote:Maybe if you had gone to college you would have a clue.

One doesn't need be fooled by the established crooks to see how they are raping today's youth.
Maybe if you hadn't been brainwashed you wouldn't think you know people you have never met either but that doesn't change the facts I stated.
By Phaedrus
It's the simple things you don't understand. Things such as in which semesters courses are offered and how students need to work to help support their studies. With your usual pomposity you just assume your great ideas are actually informed.

As for learning on the job, I would refer you back to Stinky Pete's comments about how jobs tend to narrow your focus, not expand it.
By eriknben10
Phaedrus wrote:It's the simple things you don't understand. Things such as in which semesters courses are offered and how students need to work to help support their studies. With your usual pomposity you just assume your great ideas are actually informed.

As for learning on the job, I would refer you back to Stinky Pete's comments about how jobs tend to narrow your focus, not expand it.

Like I said you have your beliefs and I have mine. Your so-called simple theory may have been your experience. My facts come from what I have witnessed personally. Putting my children thru the process and how others around me have . You want to waste time and money on learning, that is your prerogative. I refuse to accept that it takes 5 years to learn something that takes only 2 in reality. You are a fool if you think I would lower my expectations to fit your narrative.

Learning on the job never ends.
By Stinky Pete
That's true. My learning on the job never stopped. Now I'm an expert at obsolete technologies. No one is better than I am (and I mean that) at skills that no one needs.

And I went back to school. I took C back in the day. I took C++, when that was big. I took Java courses and C# courses. It doesn't matter. As a database guy, I did manage to get myself off of db2 and onto Oracle recently, but that was by dumb luck.
By eriknben10
"IBM is helping companies save millions of dollars by migrating their systems from Oracle to Db2."
I'm curious. Are they going in the wrong direction?
By eriknben10
This guy thinks differently. Is this fake news? Perhaps he is just trying to make it across the finish line like you.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/comm ... b2?lang=en