By Stinky Pete
Ryan wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:I always laugh when people posting on this forum tell us that they're too good to post on this forum.

who said that? I was just speaking to the b i tch

Ok. Sorry.
By Phaedrus
Apparently the comments about my posting being puke and him have to stick his head up his arse are not snark. :roll:
By Phaedrus
And no Ryan, you didn't really answer my question. A dictionary definition of the present meaning of exceptional is not the same as saying what you mean when you use the term "American Exceptionalism" and how it has been used in the past. You're just lazy. Even the little definition you posted left out the word that was being defined and included something about peppers.

Now I'm sure your excuse for being lazy is that you couldn't be bothered with me, yadda-yadda, but then you're playing right into Stinky's comment about how you are too superior to respond properly, etc.
By Stinky Pete
That's funny, but it doesn't quite capture it enough. "Let's begin with a prayer" doesn't capture claiming to be the party of Christian values, while at the same time, throwing out all of those values.
By Phaedrus
Tea Party recap:

1. Back in 2009 the Tea Party rose to ostensibly fight rising deficits.
2. Many people wondered where was their concern when Bush was running increasing deficits and creating unfunded programs.
3. At the time, it was postulated here and generally in the country that perhaps this was about the race of the new President.
4. Our Tea Party friends insisted this was about the size of the deficit.

Well, the air has officially gone out of that excuse. Where is the Tea Party and their birther President today? Hiding behind the worn out fig leaf of dynamic scoring and unsupported revenue projections, or just openly admitting it was all BS?
By Phaedrus
The irony is that, when I was discussing it with him, I felt we should continue to increase the deficit until we reach 4% annual GDP growth. Instead, Obama was trying to rein in the deficit as a sop to Republicans and an attempt to appear fiscally responsible. Now we have Republicans arguing about the need to achieve higher growth rates and attempting to do that with deficit spending.

In the good old days, a generation ago, conservative economists were aghast at how deficits and debt would put a brake on the economy.

In reality, this is not about the economy anyway, it's about the super-rich getting what they paid for.