By Stinky Pete
breitak67 wrote:I'm intrigued by this "What happened to GoBrookhaven" mystery. I've only been around sporadically for the last year or so, and I must have missed it. Was there some scandal involving Norton and the GoBrookhaven board?

No, nothing like that. Norton claims that the "leftists" (which include Phae, me, June, and a few others) killed GoAston. Meanwhile, as GoAston continues to plug along for 13+ years, all the other forums like GoBrookhaven, GoNorristown, and especially the spinoff that disgruntled GoAston posters and sorry-excuse-for-human-being Parkside elected officials started, are all dead, dead, dead. We're still going here, because we leftists killed it.
By breitak67
So more backwards-thinking trolling. Seems to my recollection that throughout most of this board's history it has been dominated by alt-right folks.

I'd say it is the political divide between right and left that drives and sustains this site, not a single side's proponents. Other than my threads about invasive weeds and milkshakes, how many fail to devolve into political conflict? Or, in this year's context, how many fail to attract an off-topic post about how the Left is destroying our once-great nation and we used to have gun clubs in high schools?
By breitak67
I think Norton secretly enjoys being the GoAston trampoline. It's like some kind of persecution fantasy that secretly winds his clock.