By eriknben10
From dust it was made, to dust it shall return.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:Thinking this through. If the coastline were washing away, wouldn't more of that thing be exposed, and not less?

Lost me on this thought. More of what thing exposed? Sand? That big washing machine moves sand and sediment into the bowels of the earth. Yet another place that causes sea rise, molten iron vomited from the sea itself.
What amazes me is the life of the Blue crab.
By JW
When they replenish the beaches by dredging the ocean they leave a vast flat wasteland that holds no fish. No humps or bumps no holes just a flat under sea dessert.
Yes, the life of a blue crab is quite interesting. Only has to mate once to produce year after year.
By eriknben10
I read down there in Florida they can't dredge any longer. No sand left to dredge.
What amazes me about those tasty crustaceans is how they float around in sea currents eventually making their way into the bays and tributaries to mate only to make their way back to the ocean to spew millions of eggs so the cycle can continue. They caught a Chesapeake bay banded blue crab in the gulf last month. Some folks like to say they move into the bay from down around Virginia. While that may be true, some seem to take the road less traveled.
By eriknben10
Had to dig it up in case you missed it.

http://www.delaware-surf-fishing.com/ma ... of-florida
By eriknben10
Anyone have one of these they want to part with?

apple press.jpg
By JW
eriknben10 wrote:I read down there in Florida they can't dredge any longer. No sand left to dredge.
What amazes me about those tasty crustaceans is how they float around in sea currents eventually making their way into the bays and tributaries to mate only to make their way back to the ocean to spew millions of eggs so the cycle can continue. They caught a Chesapeake bay banded blue crab in the gulf last month. Some folks like to say they move into the bay from down around Virginia. While that may be true, some seem to take the road less traveled.

the beaches I was at a few weeks ago Jensen Beach, Henderson Island are natural. They don't clean and rake the beaches around there. There's too much coastline and you don't see the crowds like you do in Jersey. I was catching 4ft black tip sharks right off the beach. My 5 year old grandson was catching 22 inch bluefish 2 ft off the beach, also pompano. One day a young couple came on the with their equipment including a couple heavy rods rigged with 80 tw's a kayak and a cooler of fresh bait. They used the kayak to paddle out past the reef and drop their baits hoping for a 10ft tiger, hammerhead or other type of large shark. I wanted to hang and watch but I had already been there for 3 hours and beerthirty was quickly approaching. The girl was smoking hot and built like a brick sh!!house too. Would have loved to watch her bring one in.