By norton
Just for information- Neumann's Christmas music event is on Friday Dec 1 at 8 PM. Nice event.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But now a word from our sponsor

Attachments
betta.jpg
Add description
By norton
"Fireless Cooker" Locomotive used in factory areas so had no firebox but just ran on piped in steam then refilled after pressure depleted. At PA RR museum in Strasburg.
Attachments
New fireless cooker.JPG
Add description
By norton
Wanamaker's years ago
Attachments
wanamaker.gif
Add description
By Stinky Pete
This isn't a picture, but it's a quote from Stephen Colbert yesterday that really resonated with me.

"Someone said to me, 'Everything happens for a reason'. So I pushed him down a flight of stairs, and asked him 'Do you know why that happened?'"

I hate, hate, hate when people say that to me.
By Phaedrus
What I hate is a related expression where people suggest a karma style tendency of the universe to reward positive thinking and good works. I see it in Prosperity Gospel based religious guidance, Oprah, self-help gurus,...and it's BS. Bad things happen to good people and vice versa. It is just wrong to suggest that something bad happened to you because you just aren't good enough.

It's also the attitude we take to the deserving rich and the unfortunate poor. It guides so much of our policy today.
By Stinky Pete
Absolutely. You see that here with people who think that something would never happen to them because they're smarter, better, or more Christian.
By norton
wheel off
Attachments
wheel off.jpg
Add description