By Mountain Dew Guy
Bannon is now out. This will be the big news story for cable news for the weekend. Fox will give the story 10 - 15 minutes on each show. CNN and MSNBC will talk about it for 45-60 minutes (as long as nothing else happens) on each show.
By Stinky Pete
From the Washington Post

Another Republican operative and unofficial White House adviser was more definitive, saying that no matter how respected or talented Kelly may be, his first 2½ weeks on the job demonstrated an essential truth about the Trump White House: The president will act as he so pleases, even despite — and sometimes to spite — the efforts of his aides.

“The Kelly era was a bright, shining interlude between failed attempts to right the Trump presidency and it has now come to a close after a short but glorious run,” the operative said. “Like all people who work for the president, he has since experienced the limits of the president’s promises to cooperate in order to ensure the success of the enterprise.”
By Phaedrus
astontibs wrote:What is your proof that he is a backer of white supremacy. He has a past history that is completely counter to that.

I don't agree that his past is completely counter to that, particularly some of his rental and employment policies. I don't think he is a white supremacist. Most of his racism can be seen as profit motivated.

However, lets be honest about the various interpretations of "Taking back America" and "Making America Great Again." While you may see it as an economic position, there are far too many who see it as establishing a white Christian nation. There is no reason to believe that Trump was not aware of these sentiments at his rallies and among his supporters. All the evidence points to his unwillingness to insult these people starting with his denials regarding any knowledge of David Duke.
By Phaedrus
Mountain Dew Guy wrote:Bannon is now out. This will be the big news story for cable news for the weekend. Fox will give the story 10 - 15 minutes on each show. CNN and MSNBC will talk about it for 45-60 minutes (as long as nothing else happens) on each show.

Except that Bannon is not going away. The Republican Civil War (ironic) has only just begun.
By Phaedrus
Stinky Pete wrote:Maybe you have, but I have not heard any trump voter regret their vote. Literally, not one Trump voter I know have I heard say they would change their vote.

I know some who don't regret their vote only because they would never vote for Hillary, but they strongly regret that the Republican candidate had not been someone else. They held their nose and voted for him, but the stink has grown too great.
By breitak67
We took bets at work. I gave him a year before he did something stupid and was successfully impeached. He might resign first, though.