User avatar
By Stinky Pete
#490361
If I win, I'm looking for someone to claim to be the winner. You can have $100 million for your trouble, and you agree to give me the rest. Let me know if you're interested.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#490363
I agree the lottery is just another regressive tax on the poor and or less fortunate among us. I wouldn't want my name attached to any of the winnings either. You would be better suited to give the money to the cause of your choice where a greater percentage would be used for the cause.
User avatar
By Stinky Pete
#490369
eriknben10 wrote:You would be better suited to give the money to the cause of your choice where a greater percentage would be used for the cause.


Cause? What cause? This is the Trump era. Let those people fend for themselves. I'm all about me. Screw the less fortunate.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#490370
Stinky Pete wrote:
eriknben10 wrote:You would be better suited to give the money to the cause of your choice where a greater percentage would be used for the cause.


Cause? What cause? This is the Trump era. Let those people fend for themselves. I'm all about me. Screw the less fortunate.


What kind of asinine statement is that? Do you even come close to helping as many folks as President Trump has over your lifetime?
User avatar
By eriknben10
#490371
Phaedrus wrote:With that amount of money you could create your own foundation.


You don't need a great sum of money to create your own foundation. I would agree you have a better start if you had the funds but the lottery is still nothing more than a regressive tax that has allowed politicians a means to avoid having to raise taxes temporarily to pay for their spending. Very little gets into the hands of those in need yet they are the ones most lured into playing the games.
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#490372
I agree that it is a regressive tax, but in Pa it is designated to go to Aging programs. I believe most of it helps lower-income elderly.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#490376
Phaedrus wrote:I agree that it is a regressive tax, but in Pa it is designated to go to Aging programs. I believe most of it helps lower-income elderly.


I think you are correct, that is what PA claims they do with it. My point was to give the money directly to those folks and bypass the game where over 70% doesn't improve the lives of those folks. Just my preference to help those in need without giving false hope to the poor that play in hopes of getting out of poverty.
Phaedrus liked this