By norton
SP- To answer your remark AIG is a Christian organization simply helping those in need with no one syphoning funds off the top or bottom. You can choose whatever means you want,,,I just gave a possibility. I know Answers in Genesis is a good organization so my money help went that direction.
I have not checked these below but one can to be sure there money is used properly.
---------
•Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund
•United Way of Houston
•Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
•Houston Food Bank
•Galveston County Food Bank
•Food Bank of Corpus Christi
Phaedrus liked this
By Stinky Pete
This (below) is how Answers in Genesis describes themselves. To me, this is everything wrong with Christianity. (OK, not everything, but a part) The old Testament is a collection of stories. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Jonah wasn't really swallowed by a fish because he wouldn't go to Ninevah.

Now, I don't know how this works, but AiG isn't a relief organization. They're passing your donation onto some other organization, I assume. I'm also assuming they're taking their administrative fees out of it. Again, I don't know that as a fact.

"Answers in Genesis is an apologetics (i.e., Christianity-defending) ministry, dedicated to enabling Christians to defend their faith and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively . We also desire to train others to develop a biblical worldview, and seek to expose the bankruptcy of evolutionary ideas, and its bedfellow, a “millions of years old” earth (and even older universe)."
By Phaedrus
"The bankruptcy of evolutionary ideas."
That's the trouble with America. You can make more money standing on the street and preaching Creationism than you can Evolution.
By norton
Just so you understand, which with a closed mind will be difficult.
1- The Law of Entropy dictates that nothing left on it's own evolves upwardly. Everything looses information and degenerates not increases in complexity.
2 The fossil record would have thousands of variations of "evolving creatures if they were actually evolving through the years. The Record does not indicate this at all. All fossils are fully formed creatures with many fossils of creatures that we see today.
3 - Animals not fully formed as designed with functioning forms and attributes would simply vanish. They would not live and function as they must to exist.
----Even confirmed evolutionists understand the impossibly for creatures to slowly over millennia to "evolve" so have come up with a term "Punctuated Equilibrium". to cover themselves. They say "evolution" happened in large steps.
In reality just a way to save face as the true scientific investigation indicates Design just as God's Word describes.
Attachments
flood.jpg
Add description
By Phaedrus
1. What does entropy have to do with evolution?

2. The fossil record is incomplete

3. What is your proof that creatures not fully formed would disappear? Please define fully-formed.

4. Your concept of evolution is like that of a 3rd grader.

5. None of your points argue for Genesis as being a possible counter theory.
By norton
Entropy is the law that , simply put, things decline with age. Nothing become better or more complex in time. From single cell to evolve into a horse is impossible just using the law of Entropy (second law of thermodynamics)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just so you understand, which with a closed mind will be difficult.
1- The Law of Entropy dictates that nothing left on it's own evolves upwardly. Everything looses information and degenerates not increases in complexity.
2 The fossil record would have thousands of variations of "evolving creatures if they were actually evolving through the years. The Record does not indicate this at all. All fossils are fully formed creatures with many fossils of creatures that we see today.
3 - Animals not fully formed as designed with functioning forms and attributes would simply vanish. They would not live and function as they must to exist.
----Even confirmed evolutionists understand the impossibly for creatures to slowly over millennia to "evolve" so have come up with a term "Punctuated Equilibrium". to cover themselves. They say "evolution" happened in large steps.
-------Did you know that coal already has formed at Mt St Helens?-----------------------------
By Phaedrus
1. I believe the use of entropy in this context is the idea of a closed system that can only grow through an act of God. However, we do not exist in a static system.

2. The idea of a cell becoming a horse is that 3rd grade understanding kicking in.

3. Even if divine intervention is true, it does not make Genesis true.