Not the best place to live. I can not feel sorry for folks who decide to build, buy or rent homes built in these areas. Why should the rest of the country pay for the stupidity of these people?
Yup, the entire state is nothing but mud flats and sandbars. What started out as a vacation destination along the shoreline with a few shacks has grown to be home for millions.
Houston and New Orleans are the same. And the Mississippi flood plain. Earlier this year, and not heavily reported, the lower Great Lakes flooded and water levels are still being managed to gradually return things to normal.

In other news, the Northwest is on fire.
@eriknben10 - I thought I remembered your having mentioned at some time in the past that you have a vacation home in Sea Isle City, though I may not be remembering the shore community correctly. Maybe it was Seaside Heights.
@Phaedrus - He said he didn't feel sorry for people who buy, build, or rent homes in these areas and questioned why everyone else should pay for the stupidity of people who live there. If Eriknben10 has a home there...
breitak67 wrote:@eriknben10 - I thought I remembered your having mentioned at some time in the past that you have a vacation home in Sea Isle City, though I may not be remembering the shore community correctly. Maybe it was Seaside Heights.

Not me. JW has a place there he mentioned back when Sandy whacked the coast. Don't get me wrong, the stupidity is the part of the population that doesn't have flood insurance.