By breitak67
It is, indeed, a real thing. Sometimes you can do it by really stomping the accelerator, but most diesels are too well controlled to allow really thick smoke, emissions-wise. So there are shops that sell mod kits that actually give you a button or switch that changes the fuel mixture and causes the truck to belch thick clouds of dense, black smoke. I've been "rolled" maybe half a dozen times in 4 years in my car and twice while riding in a colleague's Prius.
I've had a couple more trucks try to position themselves to roll me, but it was obvious enough that I was able to evade their attempt - turn into a shopping center, make an unnecessary turn, change lanes at the last moment. One frustrated roller rolled another car in frustration that ended up behind him when I changed lanes. When it happened my passenger turned to me and asked, "That was meant for us, wasn't it?"
By Phaedrus
Do they do this to women too, or is it a macho thing?
By breitak67
If you are driving a Prius, you will be targeted man, woman, or non-binary designation.
By breitak67
I think it is contempt for tree huggery. Driving a Prius is an obvious symptom of it, or so the reasoning goes.