By Stinky Pete
It's in the constitution. It's not theft.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States
By Ryan
Phaedrus wrote:What is the difference between the Thatcher quote and this one: "Labor creates all wealth"?

Your smug intellectualism is disgusting and offensive!

The difference is context. They are exact opposites.
In the Thatcher quote she alerting the citizenry the even in a capitalist economy, the STATE is stealing what they earned through their collective labor. In the Marx quote, Marx is attempting to divide and manipulate the citizenry by defining capitalism as some sort of evil existence where the RICH are exploiting the poor so that he may confiscate the wealth under the ruse the state as the solution to all of their problems.

Thatcher is warning about the perils of a state run economy and Marx is warning about the perils of a free market capitalist economy.

AND YOU are creating moral relativism between Marxism/Communism and Capitalism. And by reference you are attacking the fabric of our society, and belittling the purpose of the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans that sacrificed on battlefields all over the world since WWII fighting against the ideology that the left promotes today.

Go peddle your --censor-- somewhere else.

And you SP, quit picking on Norton. We don't (or at least we didn't) attack people on their religious beliefs in America. There is a reason why it's covered in the FIRST amendment. They are not arbitrarily arranged! The were arranged in order of priority. Talk about bigotry, you just railed on Norton (and other Christians) with hate and generalizations like some sort of KKK/Nazi.

Let me help you see the errors in your ways:

Beware of Norton and [black], people. They pretend to be [normal], all the while spewing hatred and racism. They're not [normal]. They're just evil people. They claim they want [xyz], but they want [abc]. They want the government to give preference to [them]. They want the government to promote only their [cause]. They want the government to [xyz]. There's nothing [good] about their government. They represent everything bad and disgusting in America.

This is bigotry defined. I certainly hope that was sarcasm.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:It's in the constitution. It's not theft.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

That is a ponzi scheme that a few lazy buzzards cooked up, not even that long ago really. Because you view it as a common goal, it is far from it. Taking from one and giving to another without earning it is theft in every meaning of the word. Now that they have stolen my earnings, I can no longer use it to further the good of the people. Instead they steal my earnings, divide it how they see fit, and take a portion for themselves to boot. Take the same amount from everyone, regardless of income, then they can say they provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States.
By Phaedrus
eriknben10 wrote:Thatcher pointed out the State was stealing the laborers money. The State did not labor for that money. Therefore labor did not create the states wealth, theft did. Is theft a form of labor?

Maybe she meant that, but it is not actually stated. I could give it a milder treatment that she was saying only that the government must be cogniscent of the great responsibility inherent in taxing people. I would also point out that Thatcher tried to institute a poll tax, the most regressive tax possible against workers, particularly low-income workers.

The other phrase is often used in the context of accusing capitalists of stealing from the working class, but the phrase itself does not include those sentiments.

My point is that it is absurd to suggest that all wealth is solely created by labor. The creation of wealth requires other circumstances that include organized lawful markets and the provision of resources.
By Phaedrus
Ryan wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:What is the difference between the Thatcher quote and this one: "Labor creates all wealth"?

Your smug intellectualism is disgusting and offensive!

Snowflake.jpg
crying-newborn.jpg
By Phaedrus
Stinky Pete wrote:Focus on Psalm 109:8

Hard to believe, but apparently at least one person here thinks that a discussion among Christians of their faith, and its interpretation, is a monstrous attack on all Christianity itself. Such narrow thinking. :cry:
By norton
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
By norton
Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.