By Phaedrus
As I said, it was a personal experience, not a belief. There was no discussion of any particular religion with all its rules and doctrine. Given the infinite and ecstatic nature of the event, that would have been strange. :lol:
By norton
Not religion but the living Christ-

John 1:
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:Why'd you have to get him started?

I think it was so you would chirp in and give your interpretation. From your testament on this forum, you are the authority on the new testament and Christianity after all. :roll:
By Stinky Pete
I thought about pointing out that Christianity was around for 1500+ years before Norton's version of it was cooked up. I was also going to point out that the whole thing is based on one quote in one gospel which was changed a couple centuries in because of a bad translation. Finally I was going to quote various passages which go against that narrow set of beliefs. But in the end, I decided not to.
Last edited by Stinky Pete on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By eriknben10
That was very Christian like of you.
By breitak67
I can't say there is definitely no god, but I don't believe in it. It feels extraordinarily improbable to me. What's even more improbable, though, is that (assuming the existence of god) that Christianity is the truth. What is the most improbable, though is (assuming Christianity is the truth) that Christ would have condoned all the awful things being done in his name and all the awful and unchristian things Norty has said in his name.

I've said this before about others. My understanding of "blaspheming the Holy Spirit" is the attribution of evil to the influence of the Holy Spirit. That is what Norty does in these hateful posts. According to what I was taught, that means Norty is irredeemable - he has repeatedly committed the unforgivable sin right here on this forum for all to see. If Christianity is real, we have probably witnessed Norty's condemnation to eternal damnation. If Christianity turns out to be true, I'll see you in Hell, Norty. Marshmallows are on me.

I think Buddhism is far more likely. I always liked Ch'an Buddhism.
By norton
Romans 3:22-23 Even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all[a] who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
-------------------------------
No other Savior but the Christ. God come in the form of a man to pay the price for your sin.