By Stinky Pete
She brought her personal beliefs to work, and refused to do her job. The people who supported her seem to be a lot of the same people who think black NFL players should stop protesting based on their beliefs, and do it on their own time.
By Ryan
Flag on the play! 10 yards and loss of post. Misdirecting.

Kim Davis was not "protesting" nor was she on the public stage in front of millions of viewers on Sunday afternoon. She refused to complete a task that she felt was in direct violation of her religious beliefs. In other words, in her mind she would be committing a sin if she completed the task. Oh, by the way, she was no only fired but imprisoned for her actions. Furthermore, the employer was FORCING her to add her name to the licenses when a perfectly acceptable solution was to simply removed the name of the clerk from the licenses.

Nobody if forcing NFL players to do something that is in violation of their religious beliefs. And nobody is firing any NFL players either. This is a leftist activist movement, BLM.

Sidenote: the ACLU compels employers to accommodate employees and take reasonable actions to ensure that their tasks are in now way offensive or in conflict with the customary doctrine of their faith. Hence, prayer breaks for Muslims. However they came out against Davis.

Nice try, interjecting leftist propaganda into the discussion. just because it has been reduced to a witty meme, does not make it a valid argument. The two situations could not be more different with respect to the details.
By Stinky Pete
Beliefs are beliefs. Why couldn't it be a religious belief that blacks shouldn't be oppressed? I can quote you scripture to support it. It's the same thing. She should do her job. They should do their jobs. No difference. There's no accommodation necessary. Do the friggin job or you're fired. In both cases.

I'm not sure where I stand on prayer breaks, but it's not the same as refusing to do your job. But I reserve the right to change my mind on that.
By Ryan
Wrong. Not the same!!! She was sitting there minding her business and was ask to violate her beliefs. Then JAILED when she refused. These candy asses are PROACTIVLEY protesting about something that is intangible and unquantified. Except for antidotal evidence they "feel like there is police brutality targeted at blacks", and chose to demonstrate on a public platform (violation of job description, same as Davis). Nobody has been fired or even told to stop (yet).

In fairness, another difference in your favor is that this action of kneeling is not illegal, where Davis refusal to issue a license was in direct violation of law. So that is why she went to jail and the case was presented to the state court.
norton liked this
By JuneCarter
Kim Davis was a government employee which made her an ostensible agent of the government who was in non-compliance with state and Federal laws.

These people kneeling are being chastised and vilified by the President of the United States, who by the way has the largest platform in the world, for exercising their Constitutionally protected right to peacefully protest.

Either you're for the Constitution, ergo the undisputed Law of our country or you're not. If you're not for following laws then shame on you.

Enjoy your day and be kind to one another everyone!
By Mountain Dew Guy
This weekend will be the litmus test for the players on if they were kneeling for social injustice/police brutality or whatever other reason they came up with or was it solely being called SOBs by the President. In week 2, only 6 players knelt/sat prior to Trump's speech. After Trump's speech, in week 3 over 200 players knelt/sat and that does not include 3 teams not even appearing on the field for the National Anthem. If these players are truly protesting social injustice/police brutality then they will continue to kneel (why they weren't before is another question). But as many outlets are reporting, teams will now be standing for the National Anthem. That makes me believe, all of the kneeling was directed at Trump and not what they were claiming as the reason, social injustice/police brutality. I would also like to hear from all of the players who knelt, what have they done in their community to combat these injustices they are seeing. Kaepernick did nothing until called out about it. Have the current players spent any time or money towards the fight? Some have but the majority have not.
By eriknben10
Mountain Dew Guy wrote:This weekend will be the litmus test for the players on if they were kneeling for social injustice/police brutality or whatever other reason they came up with or was it solely being called SOBs by the President. In week 2, only 6 players knelt/sat prior to Trump's speech. After Trump's speech, in week 3 over 200 players knelt/sat and that does not include 3 teams not even appearing on the field for the National Anthem. If these players are truly protesting social injustice/police brutality then they will continue to kneel (why they weren't before is another question). But as many outlets are reporting, teams will now be standing for the National Anthem. That makes me believe, all of the kneeling was directed at Trump and not what they were claiming as the reason, social injustice/police brutality. I would also like to hear from all of the players who knelt, what have they done in their community to combat these injustices they are seeing. Kaepernick did nothing until called out about it. Have the current players spent any time or money towards the fight? Some have but the majority have not.

Seems the nfl is dying a slow death of Colin cancer.
Phaedrus liked this