By 50 plus
Since it’s zoned R1 surprised it was never offered for nice single family homes. What were the last singles built in Aston, those off Concord at Chi Ave?
By sandbagger2
A gentleman approached the podium, works for Peco, and presented his case:

He has 4 vehicles, I believe his work truck is additional. He's an emergency responder for Peco, stating he made it to one of the most recent fires in 12 mins. and that if he had to run to Eddystone and pick up his truck, it would have taken a lot longer, which, additionally, puts the first responders at risk.

So, since, as Mr. Stigale had stated, Aston is a blue collar township.

Thoughts?

btw, I think there are two different ordinances. One for parking in your driveway/property and another for parking in the street.
Attachments
(37.07 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
By eriknben10
The dude that drives his work truck home seems reasonable to me but the dude running a business out of his residence should be limited to one truck in a residential district. The gentleman that came to the podium only need move his work truck to his driveway to be in compliance.
By Dipper
eriknben10 wrote:Just curious, what is the townships definition of a Commercial Vehicle? Found it.
COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE
A vehicle used in connection with a commercial enterprise, trade, profession, or industry by the owners
or users of said vehicles and which may or may not bear any sign, lettering, or commercial
advertising or ostensibly display items such as ladder racks, tool racks, and the like which would
indicate a commercial trade, professional, or industrial use or capability. Any vehicle other than
a personal or recreational vehicle (as defined herein) which exceeds a gross vehicle weight of 9,500 pounds or is greater than 84 inches in height, whether or not engaged in a commercial enterprise, trade, profession, or
industry and which may or may not bear commercial aspects such as signs or an attached ladder or tool
racks, shall also be considered a commercial vehicle. Vehicles or trailers used to transport other
vehicles, whether or not used in connection with a leisure time or recreational pursuit, and which
are not defined as recreational vehicle shall be considered for the purpose of this ordinance as commercial vehicles.

For the purpose of this ordinance, the GVW will be 10,000 lbs. The ordinance is still under review by the Board as a vote on the ordinance was tabled at the November 15th meeting.
By eriknben10
I think they are considering changing it from 9,500 to 10k because that is the limit of a Class 2 truck.