By norton
On my street a house was erected (came in pieces and assembled) about a year ago and have been told they have an allowance to rent a room out in that house to an individual while the owner lives there. Ever hear of this in Aston?
By eriknben10
You can rent out anything you own if you operate within the laws Norton. If you need a variance, most times all you will need is to get the neighbors blessings.
By 50 plus
norton wrote:On my street a house was erected (came in pieces and assembled) about a year ago and have been told they have an allowance to rent a room out in that house to an individual while the owner lives there. Ever hear of this in Aston?

I don't think that is a routine thing in Aston nortie. If people do it, it may be more along the lines of "my cousin is living with us" sort of thing even though not related. None of those messy regulations, ya know. Not crazy about the idea of boarding houses which is what it amounts to.

I am in favor of the commercial truck ordinance. Several problems with trucks, box trucks, trailers and multiple vans at a single house. Sight lines at corners are obstructed. What they also need to address are large commercial vehicles parking for months on end, never moved in shopping centers.
norton liked this
By sandbagger2
LEGAL NOTICES
PUBLIC NOTICE NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Aston Township Zoning Hearing Board will meet at the Township Municipal Building located at 5021 Pennell Road, Aston, Pa. on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. At this meeting the following petitions will be heard. #1. Virginia Lynn Wycoff owner of 849 Ellston Road, Aston, Penna., request a variance to use the lower level of the house as a rental unit. The property is located in a Residential 2 zoning district. Variance is requested from section 1260.02 Of the Aston Township Zoning Code. Applicant in the alternative states that the present use is a valid non-conforming use and the use was not abandoned. #2. Greg DiEmidio request a special exception to open a business in the Dutton Mill Shopping Center at 4441 Suite B Pennell Rd. Aston, Penna. The property is located in a Shopping Center Zoning District. A Special Exception under Section 1274.03 (a) of the Shopping Center Zoning District is requested to operate a place of amusement or recreation which is called Kidz World #3. Bradford W. Mericle proposes to open a Furniture Store at 3510 Concord Road, Aston, Penna. The property is In a C Commercial Zoning District. A Variance is requested Under Chapter 1284 Parking Regulations Section 1294.03 for Furniture Store requirements. These petitions will be heard along with any other issues that pertain to these matters. At this meeting interested parties may appear and be heard for or against the granting of these petitions. Raymond Church, Chairman Zoning Hearing Board Attest: Richard D. Lehr Township Secretary DCT, November 12, November 19, a-1

Appeared in: Delaware County Daily Times on Sunday, 11/12/2017
By sandbagger2
LEGAL NOTICES
Aston Township Residents Notice The Aston Township Board of Commissioners will consider[b] adopting a Preliminary Operating Budget Ordinance for 2018 at the regular Board of Commissioners Meeting on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 7:00 p.m[/b]. A copy of the 2018 Preliminary Operating Budget will be available at the Aston Township Municipal Building & the Aston Public Library during normal business hours. The Preliminary Operating Budget reflects no increase in the millage and service fee. The Public is invited to attend and make comments during the Public Meeting. The meeting will be held at the Aston Township Municipal Building located at 5021 Pennell Road, Aston, Pa. William McConville, Sr. Township Manager DCT, November 8, 15, a-1

Appeared in: Delaware County Daily Times on Wednesday, 11/08/2017
By 50 plus
They were the two zoning notices I talked about. Apprehensive about that furniture store being it doesn’t have a “brand” associated with the application or an additional fictitious name . Let’s hope more info is requested by the powers that be.

Bids are also going out for the Valley View park “improvements”. I’m a tad annoyed. All these parks were put in place for the developments surrounding that park. The one on Weir has been taken over (feel sorry for those people who bought when it was a neighborhood park). Now VV is being fixed as someplace for the rest of the township to hang out. With no parking mind you. Ahh, good old progress.
By 50 plus
Greed for tax money is getting reprehensible. Pretty soon they’ll bulldoz the Ridge by eminent domain to put in a few thousand townhouses. :roll: By the way, where does Tryens touch Red Hill? Can’t think right now.