Yellowcake_(03010301).jpg
By Phaedrus
eriknben10 wrote:Why, because I find it ridiculously funny that Russians would obey the law? That is some how a lie? You lost me on that one. The entire narrative is about which laws were broken, by whom, and for what reason.

No, that's not the entire narrative. Another narrative that is being openly expressed in conservative media is that selling uranium to the Russians is treason. Brietak pointed out that uranium can't be moved out of the country and you countered that the Russians cannot be trusted, ergo continuing the narrative that Russian ownership of uranium mines is under-handed. I figured you would try to skate on the narrow meaning of your statement, but in context it's just trying to keep the story of a possible nuclear threat going. You are a crafty liar, but a liar nonetheless. :lol:
By Phaedrus
Ryan wrote:I can give to craps about what Paul Manafort did 10 years ago.

It' not 10 years ago, it's over the last 10 years. Then Trump hired him. Why Manafort? Is this just another example of Trump's bad judgment? How did he come to hire this guy?
Phaedrus wrote:
eriknben10 wrote:Why, because I find it ridiculously funny that Russians would obey the law? That is some how a lie? You lost me on that one. The entire narrative is about which laws were broken, by whom, and for what reason.

No, that's not the entire narrative. Another narrative that is being openly expressed in conservative media is that selling uranium to the Russians is treason. Brietak pointed out that uranium can't be moved out of the country and you countered that the Russians cannot be trusted, ergo continuing the narrative that Russian ownership of uranium mines is under-handed. I figured you would try to skate on the narrow meaning of your statement, but in context it's just trying to keep the story of a possible nuclear threat going. You are a crafty liar, but a liar nonetheless. :lol:

Yes, That is the narrative and it will continue to be. You can imagine all you want it won't change the facts. Russia doesn't follow laws. They don't care who gets run over in their quests. They can smuggle yellowcake easy as the bricks of meth that cross the border. You stick to your story and keep your beak buried in the sand.
Phaedrus wrote:As I said before, the Russians don't need our uranium. Your whole story collapses on that point.

So if they don't need it why did they buy it? I'll wait for your theory on the purchase. Also I would like to know how my story about not trusting Russians collapsed. Do you trust them? In either event, I'm still interested in the story the informant has to tell about the corruption in the deal.
By Phaedrus
Not trusting Russians was not your story, it was an inadequate response to Breitak.

One of the few economic sectors that the Russians have engagement, and some power, is energy. This has always been true. Their desire to expand uranium holdings is just one aspect of that engagement. They were pursuing market share based on their belief that nuclear power was on the rise.

It's just business. Nothing more.