By eriknben10
Too funny. I was going to write Uber or Amazon will soon be in the business. Had no idea someone was offering it here.
By breitak67
When my wife and I bought our current home I said, "I hope you've chosen well, because this is the house we're going to die in." Her English is still not tremendous, so she was shocked and said, "Why?" So I responded, "Old age, disease, or misadventure, probably." What followed was one of the more challenging 2 hour-long explanations I had to give for something I said flippantly in passing.

Realistically, though, very hilly here, lots of ground to maintain, lots of deciduous trees to clean up after in autumn. I will either perish in a yard work accident or I will reach a stage where the property is too physically challenging to maintain.

55+ won't work for me, either. People get too kooky, argumentative, contrary, and strange when they get old and irrelevant, and my tolerance for people like that is thin. Maybe it's something to do with their ego, stagnation, and pointlessness. Maybe they were always that way, and it just expresses itself more when they have nothing productive or useful to do. Maybe a bayside cottage in south Jersey would suit me in my declining years.
JuneCarter liked this
By breitak67
If you've ever lived in a development with an HOA you know how nit-picky, arrogant, and controlling the clipboard people can be (and they're almost always retirees with nothing better to do but bust your stones). I was taking a break from painting the woodwork around my front door one blisteringly hot weekend (in response to a complaint letter from the HOA), when the clipboard guy came to my door and said, pointing to my paint cans, brushes, etc., "You have a lot of stuff on your stoop out here. This looks messy. You can't keep this stuff here. You need to clean this up." I explained I was in the middle of painting, which was obvious from the ladder, etc. He replied, "But you know you can't leave this here, right?" When I explained again about the painting, he replied, "Yeah, but you're going to clean this up, right? Like soon?" He appeared to mean in the next half hour or so, not soon as in that day.

Imagine what the clipboard people are like in a 55+ community, where they've distilled it down to almost all clipboard people.