By eriknben10
By Phaedrus
The letter speaks of economic models but does not name them.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:We're going to cut taxes by growing the deficit. This doesn't sound like a Conservative idea.

You must not have any conservative business friends.
By eriknben10
No, I mean Conservative businessmen who believe supply-side economics works like it did for Regan and JFK. A fact many wish didn't exist.
By JuneCarter
Best supply side analogy.

Horse and sparrow economics. You feed enough oats to the horse and eventually the sparrow will get one.
By Stinky Pete
eriknben10 wrote:No, I mean Conservative businessmen who believe supply-side economics works like it did for Regan and JFK. A fact many wish didn't exist.

From what I remember, the national debt increased by some huge amount during Reagan's voodoo economics. I'm sorry, I don't have time to look it up right now.

So, I guess it is a conservative idea. I thought they were more about responsibility.
By eriknben10
That was because all the money they raked in during those boom times was squandered away by congress. Economic prosperity and jobs were at all time highs and the gubberment was raking in more money than ever. Regan and dotcom set the stage for Clinton administration to look like a genius.
I think this time is different because the economy isn't nearly as bad as when those two used supply-side. This may be the test to see how it works during the current glut of stagnation.