By Phaedrus
For one, the kids are Americans. If they are working and contributing to society, I don't see any reason to kick them out. It's not like they came here illegally. #pathtocitizenship

Allow me to ask you this question, are you against all immigration?
By norton
My Grandparents and even Mother came here as legal immigrants , and desiring to be part and parcel of America. To open our boarders to every individual, regardless of their view and desire for this Great Nation is Cultural Suicide. In fact, it is a planned and engineered suicide by the Leftist infiltration of our governments and cultural motivators .
What we are seeing here and in other free nations of the world is not occurring by happenstance.
By Phaedrus
That doesn't really address the question, but I was asking E&B, whose position has not been explained. I don't think anyone is calling for open borders.
By eriknben10
I am and always have been for legal immigration, as well as helping refugees for a period of time until it is safe for them to return to their home. When you get into the weeds of how things should be administered I have yet to see any proposal by this administration or any other for that matter that has a handle on the subject. That is a set of guidelines that is best suited for all involved. Having said that, we already have a set of laws in place and we should follow them until a time they are changed. It's pretty well documented that if you let your guard down you expose yourself to the elements.
The merit based immigration looks to be a better deal for the country as a whole. Frankly the elected officials in this country dropped the ball long ago and very few have wanted to pick it up and run with it. You can please some of the people some of the time, in fact you can please most of the people most of the time. What you can't do is please all of the people all of the time and with little or no guidelines or guidelines that are ignored you have what we see today. I think the single most important thing the President is doing at this point is bringing the issues to the table and laying them in the laps of the folks that are supposed to set the guidelines. Yesterday he exposed what the plan is and what he sees as goals for immigration, right before the eyes of the world no less, that's a good start but, if congress continues to kick the can down the road to save their cushy jobs and garner votes we will continue to see the boondoggle in DC that does nothing other than divide people.
By Stinky Pete
Obviously you and I butt heads all the time, but I have to give you credit. You at least have the guts to give your thoughts and actually support them with something, unlike others here.
By eriknben10
I think a little friendly banter goes a long way in helping expose ourselves to our individual weaknesses. When you start your RMD, I'm sure your thoughts will change to suit your needs above any others, it's only natural. If you don't need the money for survival you can gift it to your children, that way you get to see how they are going to spend their inheritance.
By Stinky Pete
My immigration policy is to suit my needs above others'. Sorry, I'm selfish that way. I'm hanging on to a career which is about to be given to Indians at half the cost. I'm thinking I have maybe two years to come up with some kind of plan.
By eriknben10
You've been thinking that way for years I believe. In fact you talked about venturing into other prospects. What are you waiting for? You can't succeed unless you are willing to fail. I don't think you keep all your eggs in one basket.
By Stinky Pete
eriknben10 wrote:You've been thinking that way for years I believe. In fact you talked about venturing into other prospects. What are you waiting for? You can't succeed unless you are willing to fail. I don't think you keep all your eggs in one basket.

I have two kids to get thru college, my salary has gone up about 20% in the past two years, and I don't think I can do something else and make half of what I'm making now.