By eriknben10
See them all the time. My neighbor has a problem with one liking the fish in his pond.
By eriknben10
I see them along the creeks as well. They don't stand out or fly around like other birds. If your not seeing them you aren't looking. Look in the dry sandy areas along the creek where a tree has fallen in the water. They sit on those dead branches and pick the food out of the water.
By eriknben10
I suppose you haven't seen any Coyote either?
By eriknben10
Did it look like this one?
BH.jpg
By eriknben10
Or this one?

BH1.jpg
By breitak67
I used to spend 5 - 10 hours per week hiking - I used to take my dog every day at lunch, and I did longer hikes on weekends (the white trail at Tyler before they cut out the "inside-the-fence" loop used to take me about 2 hrs 40 minutes). I've see blue herons - usually in the more remote and slightly swampy areas of Ridley Creek or Tyler. There was a swampy area on Tyler's white trail where I'd see the regularly.

Stranger than blue herons, one time I saw a pudgy dude wearing leiderhosen and walking with alpine ski poles near Pink Hill. If I went early enough in the morning (I'd get out there at first light during the hotter months) I'd see a skunk or fox occasionally. Almost always saw deer. Once found a squirrel that had fallen and landed in the crotch of a tree and was stuck. Spotted more than a few Jersey Whitefish on the side of the trail, too.