By Phaedrus
The problem is you speak in generalities, but have not given any specifics as to why this tax is bad. What is your alternative?

And please don't tell me everything will be paid for by eliminating "waste, fraud and abuse". Those dollars have already been spent by conservatives many times over.
By norton
One wonders how some folks can even afford to drive at all with the PA gas tax hike. Our roads are a mess and we have one of the highest gas taxes in the nation. No doubt many here in the southeast have the option to buy in Delaware but those not close have no option. Government waste at it's best.
Attachments
gas prices.jpg
Add description
By Phaedrus
The roads are a mess because there is not enough money going into them. Please tell us your alternative solution. I'm so excited to hear it. :roll:
By norton
Phaedrus wrote:The roads are a mess because there is not enough money going into them. Please tell us your alternative solution. I'm so excited to hear it. :roll:

Simply put governments are not efficient in any way . So the problem is not more money (the Liberal, Democratic Party way) but exploring and developing ways or means of getting a job or jobs done in a manner that is cost effective and efficient.
Phaedrus, As a Leftist, that probably is virtually impossible for you and SP to comprehend.
=====================================================================================
--- The old joke went around years back - How many Penndot men does it take to fill a hole? Three. One with a shovel and two to watch him. So now a Leftist Governor says to each of us- "You foot the bill with higher taxes". :|
By Phaedrus
The tax rate went up because increased fuel efficiency reduced the total collected over time.
By norton
Beware of the Leftist Democrat folks- Gov. Wolf--You will pay.

https://www.commonwealthfoundation.org/ ... ate-budget