By sandbagger2
JW wrote:They should do the fire house like the one in Chi with a nice banquet room that can be rented out.

If the members of the fire department made commitment to running the banquet room, that would be one thing, but otherwise, who'd run it? Seems as though the firefighters have their hands full with classes, training, maintenance, community events, preparation for upcoming weather issues, fire & ems calls and their own families.
By 50 plus
Stinky Pete wrote:What happened to the hotel?

That’s what I’m wondering. Small hotel, supposed to benefit the rink and Neumann, next to Applebee’s. Never heard another word about it.

Oh, and where have I been? What’s this about a whole new municipal building? Where is that going to go and if in the same spot, where would they all temporarily relocate?

Sandy, a hall would have to be run like Chi’s. An outside established caterer.
By eriknben10
There was talk about Gamble Rd. for the new municipal building. Not sure if that is still on the table.
By Stinky Pete
50 plus wrote:

That’s what I’m wondering. Small hotel, supposed to benefit the rink and Neumann, next to Applebee’s. Never heard another word about it.

Oh, and where have I been? What’s this about a whole new municipal building? Where is that going to go and if in the same spot, where would they all temporarily relocate?

Threre was talk back in 2015 about a hotel at Sun Center. I wonder if that's still in the works?
By JW
The Sun Center is falling apart. The owner had some grandiose idea of a Disney type park with a hotel. The place has been empty since they did part of the Rocky movie there a few years back.
By Stinky Pete
My loser brother-in-law was one of the owners of that property previously, and he was losing tens of thousands of dollars every year because of the ridiculous amount of money they put into it. Even with it being busy all the time, you just couldn't make enough money from youth sports teams to meet the loan payments. Selling to the current owner was the best thing that ever happened to him.
By norton
JW wrote:The Sun Center is falling apart. The owner had some grandiose idea of a Disney type park with a hotel. The place has been empty since they did part of the Rocky movie there a few years back.

....and Concord Rd and our intersections in Aston
have lots of room for more cars. ;-)
By sandbagger2
50 plus wrote:

Guess since the township is footing the bill, anything is possible.