User avatar
By Boro Friend
#492912
Stinky Pete wrote:We've been getting raises and new employees for the past 28 years that I've been at my employer (except for a couple years in the early 2000s). I don't know what JP Morgan was waiting for.


The real news is the 4,000 new jobs. Just one of many companies talking about job creation. The wage increases are larger than originally planed. Between 15 and 18 dollars an hour. You may not want to admit it, but this new tax law could improve the economy like we haven't seen for a very long time. Jobs begat jobs.
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#492915
I don't think anyone is arguing that the injection of deficit spending will not heat up the economy. See my previous link to the Canadian economic performance of the past year. They have also used deficit spending to increase growth.

This first year, however, has just been a continuation of the last five, except for the Trump bump in the stock market.
User avatar
By Boro Friend
#492916
Now that Congress got off their thumbs , it's all about the future.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#492917
Phaedrus wrote:And that would be un-American, just like the Russian money-launderer President Trump


If the President was a " Russian money-launderer" The Obama administration would have proven it. Even their contingency plan failed. Show the memo. They lost the election and it is high time to move on.

However it is looking more like the Clinton machine might be headed down the path of " Russian money-launderer"

If there is another shutdown I hope the President just ends DACA and proceeds with the laws on the books. That is the oath he took.

They had nearly 6 months to write a bill on what should be a simple law and have failed up to this point. Times up.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#492919
The Senate reminds me of a bunch of kids on the playground pointing fingers at each other. Little Dicky said, I'm telling on you for calling a spade a spade. If they want to save these folks from the chitholes they came from it's time to grow a set. Incapable of writing a bill and presenting it to the President for his signature. All they need do is put it on his desk and if he vetoes it they can vote to override that veto and its law, done deal. The BS they spew is sickening. Little Steny sat there and nodded his head in agreement when the President said " And, interestingly, when you say that, President Obama, when he signed the executive order, actually said he doesn’t have the right to do this. And so you do have to go through Congress, and you do have to make it permanent, whether he does, whether he doesn’t — let’s assume he doesn’t, he said it — and that was a temporary stopgap, I don’t think we want that. I think we want to have a permanent solution to this. And I think everybody in this room feels that way very strongly.
It passed the house so it's up to the Senate to Write the damn bill and end these charades.
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#492922
eriknben10 wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:And that would be un-American, just like the Russian money-launderer President Trump


However it is looking more like the Clinton machine might be headed down the path of " Russian money-launderer"


I have already called multiple times for Clinton to be investigated.
By AFC
#492931
Phaedrus wrote:And that would be un-American, just like the Russian money-launderer President Trump


Bwhahahaha... now he's a money launderer.

Only money laundering I remember is when Obama took 3/4 of a trillion taxpayer dollars for a supposed infrastructure stimulus but instead funneled into the Democrat Committee coffers by way of the Unions.

Now that's money laundering.
By AFC
#492932
Incidentally, I do not consider getting rid of people who hate this country un-American.

Since dems seem to think they can pick and choose which laws to abide by, why not loyal Americans?
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8