By norton
The name Mohammed and its many spelling variations are on course to become one of the most popular names in Germany going from 97th to 26th most popular in less than a decade.
According to the Gesellschaft für Deutsche Sprache (Society for German Language, GfdS), often labelled as the most important language society in Germany, the name Mohammed has seen a rapid rise in popularity, though the name could be even more popular than their figures suggest, Die Welt reports.

GfdS data, like many similar statistics, do not take into consideration all of the different spellings of Mohammed such as Mohamad, Mohamed, Mehmet, and others.

In Austria, the daily newspaper Kronen Zeitung compiled data using all the variants of the name and found that Mohammed soared in popularity from 5th overall to 3rd among baby boys born in Vienna.
By norton
I just KNEW one or more of you Leftists would respond. Amazing how fully blind you sorts are. :-(
By Phaedrus
No doubt there are infiltrators, like the Fenians or Cosa Nostra in the past, but mostly they are just people looking for a better life. As with the Irish and Italians, they will have to deal with the racists.
By Stinky Pete
I work on a team of about 12 people. There are three Mohammeds or Mehmets. But I'm a minority in my company's IT division
By Stinky Pete
You have to be careful though. Some go by American names like 'Michael', but that's not their real name. They just do that so I'll let my guard down, and then they can kill me when I'm not expecting it. But they haven't gotten me yet. We're going to an Indian buffet for lunch. Maybe they'll try there...
Phaedrus liked this
By breitak67
As long as we're on the subject of racist/culturist/sexist (I'm extrapolating to add racism and sexism to an already charged thread subject) infiltration paranoia, my company has a strange demographic given where we are and what we do. There are 16 folks in our Delaware office. 3 are Caucasian women (all hired within the last year). 2 are Afro-American men (both hired in the last year). 11 are Caucasian males. Average age of software engineering staff is about 55 (and no, we're not a COBOL shop in the financial sector - we're a Java/Angular/Golang/C/C# shop). Average age of executive staff is about the same. No Muhammeds, but we did have a guy named Mike until a couple of months ago. We've had Muslim employees as well as Jewish ones, some more observant and others less so (I was once asked by a nominally Jewish colleague to pick him up a Wendy's baked potato with bacon for lunch - "Bacon?" I asked - "Sssssh," he replied, forefinger to lips).

A year ago, we were 18 people, comprising 1 Caucasian woman, 1 Afro-American man, and 16 white men. I guess that means that in Norton's estimation we are being infiltrated. Holy crap, women and people of color are infiltrating the American job market! All we need now is a Millenial and a guy named Muhammed and the stage is set for the Apocalypse. I did hear that our corporate policy will allow employees to keep rifles in their lockers starting this year (j/k - no firearms on company property).
By Stinky Pete
My company now has what they call "Managed services". Sounds innocuous. That's when they take a legacy application and turn it over completely to a team in India. Then, the developers who were maintaining that application have to find a new job. Some do, some have to settle for something beneath their skills and current salary, and some are out of luck. I've been working on new development for the past two years, so I'm ok for now.