Boro Friend wrote:Instead of having a military parade they should throw a parade for Schumer. Congress followed him to the gates of fiscal hell. The whole bunch with the exception of very few are absolutely pathetic.

Instead of having a military parade, they should not have a military parade.

And chuck schumer is in the minority. Blame the majority.
The leftists within our nation are striving to bring an end to the great experiment known as the United States. Beware of the Democrates.
Phaedrus wrote:They can use the nuclear option any time they want to pass legislation. This blame the Democrats line is a fig leaf to hide Republican impotence.

Who are you kidding? That budget would have 3 times as much if they controlled. You act like everybody came out with this morning's newspaper.
Last edited by Boro Friend on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boro Friend wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:They can use the nuclear option any time they want to pass legislation. This blame the Democrats line is a fig leaf to hide Republican impotence.

Who are you kidding? That budget would have 3 times as much if they controlled. You act like everybody came out with this morning's newspaper.

The fact of the matter is that what you said about the 60 votes is wrong.
True the 60 votes allows a simple majority under the nuclear option . However looks like this bill passed 65-33.

26 Rep's, 1 independent and only 6 dem's voted no. Looked pretty bipartisan to me. Rep's couldn't pass it without Dem support which they got in a big way. If the Dem's voted no, the legislation would have failed.

I think I will stand behind blamming both parties. Protecting Rep's means nothing to me. Protecting Dem's seems on the surface to be your life's full time work. If you are not getting paid to do so, you should find a new hobby.