By eriknben10
By eriknben10
I'm on the side that believes one bad apple doesn't spoil the entire bushel. I also believe there is very little help for folks like this killer and all the others. There is a real problem that no one seems to want to address here and it's not guns that create the problem nor is it in this case "see something say something." The kid needed help and people that knew him were screaming out loud. Why was nothing was done to help him? Another law will fix it though right?
By Stinky Pete
Now, I read that article and thought you were arguing, "why was it so easy for a kid to amass that arsenal?", which would have made a lot of sense.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:Now, I read that article and thought you were arguing, "why was it so easy for a kid to amass that arsenal?", which would have made a lot of sense.

It's equally as easy for him to amass heroin yet they don't sell it over the counter. I myself don't really care how many laws they make to curb criminal activity. It would not have stopped any of the killers from obtaining said arsenals though I suppose the black market will be very happy when they make another useless law.
It will also do no good if they don't address the real problem, mental health. Personally I don't think they have the tools to fix broken minds or hearts.
It's a crime to kill last I checked. Hasn't stopped any of the reported killings.
By eriknben10
Since this new breed of killers are shooting up schools. I like the idea of hiring our unemployed veterans to guard our schools. Of the 453,000 unemployed veterans ( 2016 ) I think they could find enough people to man the entrance/exit ( one way in, one way out )of every school. Approximately 100k schools means they need to find 1 vet out of 4 that could handle the job. They are all already trained in firearm use and care.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:The armed guard worked well in Florida.

Poor use of the resource and no plan caused that failure. Why do we protect our airports and not our schools?
Let's get rid of the 70% of administrative positions in schools that have been accumulated for no apparent educational reason since the 50's and put that resource into securing these children's lives for the time they are there.
I know all you can think of is criticizing because you have no ideas but try to focus on solving problems for a change.