By AFC
#493768
Stinky Pete wrote:Your point was to take a pre-conceived stereotype in your head, and fit me into it.


Incorrect.
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#493771
AFC wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:No, I'd like to see leaders make the right decisions, not based on caving to a group which represents less than 2% of the population. I'd like the decisions to reflect the overwhelming majority.


I'm not sure of the accuracy of that 2% figure; I suppose it's based on NRA members. Still, I feel that there are many, many gun owners such as myself that while not an NRA member, appreciate the fact that there's a group out there helping to protect my rights.

And, seeing as how you libs have no issues shoving a Transgender agenda down our throats for what amounts to less than 1% of the population, your argument doesn't work with me.

Now, what law would you have a responsible lawmaker write that will keep people from killing others?
Maybe like put them in prison or something like that if they do commit a murder?


Sorry, SP, but he is mostly right on this and the Transgender comparison is fair. Just because a small group of people promote an idea, or are part of a group, does not make them wrong. I believe your point was to say the NRA has an impact far greater than its membership, but so do Transgendered people.

Probably best to stick with the question of what a responsible lawmaker will do. That is the only way forward.
User avatar
By Stinky Pete
#493772
Do they really? Do congressmen get huge donations from transgendered people? (Maybe they do and I'm just not aware of it)
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#493773
In my life, the only time I thought that we might slide into dictatorship was under Nixon. He was the only President to actually suggest confiscating guns and, like Hitler, he did it in consideration of targeting a specific group.

But I was young and paranoid living in the "Age of Paranoia" when all manner of strange ideas were being bandied about. Imagine my surprise when the putative dictator stepped down under threat of impeachment.

Our democracy is just fine, thank you, and those that argue we need to have an arsenal in our houses to fend of dictatorship need to get a grip on reality; not only because it won't happen, but because it won't matter. You and your gun are not going to fend off soldiers. Rambo is a cartoon and our culture is too dominated by cartoon characters.
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#493774
Stinky Pete wrote:Do they really? Do congressmen get huge donations from transgendered people? (Maybe they do and I'm just not aware of it)


In a sense, yes. It's a wedge issue used to engage the young.
User avatar
By Stinky Pete
#493778
Phaedrus wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:Do they really? Do congressmen get huge donations from transgendered people? (Maybe they do and I'm just not aware of it)


In a sense, yes. It's a wedge issue used to engage the young.


I had a wedgie issue at work today. Oh wait, I read that wrong.
User avatar
By norton
#493784
Sexual Sin including homosexual relationships has always developed and become accepted in virtually all dying cultures or nations. Bible- Romans 1:26-27--- " For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was fitting."
User avatar
By Stinky Pete
#493785
Paul was a big homophobe. Actually, he was just a jerk in general.

There are some historians who think Paul was gay.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 9