By eriknben10
While the government is in the mood for changing the age for our rights they may want to look at changing the age for what they deem our privileges too. If you need be 21 to Drink or own a firearm I don't see why you are old enough to drive or vote for that matter. In fact the latter causes more damage to society including more death, violence, hate.
By eriknben10
They most certainly should not enlist these children in our armed forces either.
Stinky Pete liked this
By Phaedrus
I was about to say that voting and driving should be tied to military age.

I haven't heard anyone say that you can't own a gun, just can't buy one. It assumes some level of parental control or adult supervision
By Mountain Dew Guy
I have only heard the raising of the age was for buying rifles. When/Who was it mentioned that handguns also needed to be included in the age limit?
By eriknben10
Mountain Dew Guy wrote:I have only heard the raising of the age was for buying rifles. When/Who was it mentioned that handguns also needed to be included in the age limit?

Handguns are already set at 21. I should add this is Federal law only. States do not listen to the Federal government. For example Vermont stands out from the pack because it allows people as young as 16 to conceal carry without parental permission, as well as buy handguns.
By eriknben10
What is sad about the entire debacle is it shows us we are not even close to being United States. Furthermore, blaming a tool or the NRA for the murder of innocent lives does nothing to secure our schools nor does it protect them from harm.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:I love that businesses are distancing themselves from the NRA! I'm hoping this will start to snowball, and with the young generation getting more active, we'll start to see some changes.

So the 13 people that received the discount offered by Delta cost them $40M in tax breaks (plus the folks that decided not to fly Delta now because of their political ploy) to discontinue the program. Then the idiot that called out the NRA for reasons unknown, back peddled and said he supports the 2nd amendment. This really is turning into a teachable moment for many. I think you are right Stinky " the young generation getting more active, we'll start to see some changes." They get a birds eye view of how stupid people can be with knee-jerk reaction and then search for facts.

I had no idea that Florida is the #1 state with concealed carry permits followed by Pa. then Texas.

Interesting study here
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/org ... online.pdf
By Stinky Pete
You brought up a good story, but missed the point of it. It shows how much power the NRA has, that the state of Florida is getting involved to punish delta.