By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:You brought up a good story, but missed the point of it. It shows how much power the NRA has, that the state of Florida is getting involved to punish delta.

Wrong again my friend it is not Florida that took the tax break away from Delta.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:Yeah yeah, pick a backwards southern state.

So what exactly were you babbling about Florida taking steps to punish Delta? I'm curious to what that step was.
Maybe you were talking about this step?
Delta spat with NRA prompts Florida welcome
“This is a moment in time where you could relocate your airline hub to the Sunshine State.”
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business ... story.html
By AFC
Stinky Pete wrote:Yeah yeah, pick a backwards southern state.

Your bigotry is showing.

To me, this whole idea of denying Delta a tax break based on their decision to end a relationship with the NRA is misguided. The decision to grant or deny should be based on whether or not the deal helps the state and people in it.

But, it does kind of sum up what this issue is really about: a political wedge by the left to hammer out their agenda. The left's push to ban AR-15's, or any other gun, isn't aimed at saving lives. It's designed to gin up outrage over a complicated issue to gain back power.
Banning AR-15's will not prevent people from dying at the hands of gunmen. They'll continue to mow each other down in Chicago and other inner cities using handguns and any other type of weapon they can get their hands on.
By Stinky Pete
2% of the population are NRA members. Whatever business Delta loses on one side, they'll gain from the other side.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:2% of the population are NRA members. Whatever business Delta loses on one side, they'll gain from the other side.

So that will make up the $40M tax subsidies they lost for their political ploy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Stinky Pete
I couldn't say. I'd like to think enough people will support them for doing the right thing, but who knows.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:I couldn't say. I'd like to think enough people will support them for doing the right thing, but who knows.

I think people are educating themselves and are doing the right thing already. This is shown by the fact that Florida dismissed all the knee-jerk reactions submitted by the children of Florida.
That and then there is this.

http://time.com/5176471/national-rifle- ... -shooting/
By Stinky Pete
I'm sure another state would give Delta equivalent tax breaks to move all those jobs to their state.

It would be a win for Delta, a win for another state, a loss for workers in Georgia, and a loss for a state government that overstepped.