By eriknben10
Are they sliding into the Quarry? I built a home in 1982 near the Hanover Quarry operated by Bethlehem mines and a few years later a sink hole opened up in the front yard. Never thought it would happen that far away from the mines. I remember seeing sink holes in the farm fields across the street as we were framing the place. If you zoom in on google earth you can still see sink holes on the farm land and the shrubs with flag pole we planted in the sink hole at the house I built for my brother.

809 Red Hill Road, New Oxford, PA https://www.google.com/maps/place/809+R ... 77.0305516
By 50 plus
Several months ago I read a zoning (or something) notice for the quarry. Wanted to either fill with water or take in trash to fill the hole. Don’t think the decision was ever published.
By Phaedrus
JW wrote:What's the problem with Pennel Manor? Applebees should fall into a sinkhole the place is a dump.

I never understood that Applebee's. They usually seem put them in shopping areas. Was there something else that was supposed to be developed around it?
By sandbagger2
JuneCarter wrote:
50 plus wrote:Didn’t Grace build that center? Maybe they can ask him what’s under there at the meeting tonight for apts on steep slopes.

Maybe they should take a look at Pennell Manor before they build on any more steep slopes.

Can we say plausible deniability? :shock: :shock: :shock:
By Green Thumb
Phaedrus wrote:
JW wrote:What's the problem with Pennel Manor? Applebees should fall into a sinkhole the place is a dump.

I never understood that Applebee's. They usually seem put them in shopping areas. Was there something else that was supposed to be developed around it?

Yes! Stand alone buildings for restaurants, offices and similar businesses. No strip stores. However, Nolan Companies the developer has been unable to attract any.