By Stinky Pete
Have you noticed he says he completed Army Ranger training, but not that he was an Army Ranger?
Last edited by Stinky Pete on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Stinky Pete
One of my sons said this recently, and I agree. Why does serving in the military qualify one for public office?
By Mountain Dew Guy
Stinky Pete wrote:One of my sons said this recently, and I agree. Why does serving in the military qualify one for public office?

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the ad last night. I also caught the part about completing ranger training but not saying he was a ranger.
By Ryan
When selecting a candidate for office, often you have to believe that he/she will do what they say they are going to do. You have little chance to learn about what to expect if they are elected. So voters are often responsive to a candidate that is able to demonstrate that they have strong character and that they can be trusted to do what they are saying they will do.

A record of military service demonstrates that you have a history of service to society. That you put the needs of the larger society before your own. In theory, this should make for an honorable public servant.
Phaedrus liked this
By Stinky Pete
Mountain Dew Guy wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:One of my sons said this recently, and I agree. Why does serving in the military qualify one for public office?

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the ad last night. I also caught the part about completing ranger training but not saying he was a ranger.

It reminds me of that toothpaste commercial. "Dentists are really going to want to recommend" it. They're hoping you hear "dentists recommend it", but they don't really.