By norton
At times it appears that the most difficult part of any car trip is simply getting out of Aston Township. The road system and intersections are inadequate for the amount of development that has been allowed to occur. I noted that now a No Turn on Red sign is now on Concord Rd east at 5 points intersection. Now That lane will be backed up past the diner. and jam the straight lane. :-)
Attachments
sign.png
Add description
sign.png (10.64 KiB) Viewed 222 times
By 50 plus
The no turn on red - That’s so cars will back up into the Do Not Block box and more tickets can be issued. Just kidding of course but yes, getting out of Aston is nightmarish. Had a weird situation at 5 Pts yesterday. On Pennell in left turn lane. Light changes to all greens, no arrow even tho 2 other cars were sitting there before I got there. After a minute, the turn solid green changed to a green arrow. Cop behind but don’t know if he took note of that. I’ve seen other big intersections do that but not here unless they were reset recently?
norton liked this
By norton
50 Plus--- Seems no one in authority seems to care that the rate of development in our area has outpaced the road system that was basically here 60 years ago. :-(
By Wrench97
That's just more stupidity on the so called traffic officer there is no reason to have a no turn on red sign there.

It goes along with the handicap parking by the park that prevents home owners from parking in front of their own house most days since the redevelopment of the park, It's turning into a real pita....................and then there is all the do not enter signs off Baldwin run Spring Hse and Lee can I have Vinsmith turned into Residents only too?
norton liked this
By norton
[quote="Wrench97"]That's just more stupidity on the so called traffic officer there is no reason to have a no turn on red sign there.
quote]

Wrench97, Also what really is difficult to understand is the fact that we are inundated with EPA rules and regulations yet there is no mandate for communities or cites to ensure that traffic light systems are efficient. Good example is Lamppost lane off of 452. Traffic stopped,,,,lined up,,, burning gas,,, making fumes,,,and there is no one entering or leaving Lampost Lane.
Now at 5 points with the "no turn on red" we can back up more cars at that fiasco of an intersection in front of the diner. :-(
By eriknben10
By norton
Red Hill Rd and Concord Rd. Land for sale. More development ?

Again- Often the most difficult part of a trip is getting out of good old Aston Township but appears no one cares. :-(