By Mr.Logical
stinger wrote:Now that the Republicans have control of council, in January, maybe we can get something done about
a restaurant with alcohol in the town. It won't ruin the town. Either do that or move the DUI
check point to another town that sells booze.

Your comments and blame calling are just a typical "republicans are great democrats are trash" statement. Brookhaven is a nice town to live in even without a restaurant and the democrats made it that way not the republicans. You just keep shouting off with your scripted county republican jargon. Lets face it the republican controlled county leaders will be running Brookhaven not the new council.
By guy19015
boxofrainman wrote:Guy19015 I hate to say this but your wrong.. I did ask and the Dems never looked into or brought it up at a council meeting about a liquor license or did they ask to put it on the Ballot. You can ask anyone one up at the Borough on that. What I found out is that it has to go on the Ballot and if approved by the people than the state will grant the Borough a license.

Well if you want to know something you go right to the source. I also called the borough office and asked why we did not have any big chain restaurant in Brookhaven and got a different answer. So I don’t know who you talked too. After they said Brookhaven was a dry town they went on to say that several years ago the council looked into the process of getting a liquor license. They either paid an attorney or the borough attorney wrote up a report on the qualifications to acquire one, she couldn’t remember off hand without looking it up. She said that many state restrictions existed at the time they looked into it. Location, location, location. You also need to make sure you don’t end up with a bar instead of a restaurant. There was more but she couldn’t remember it so she wasn’t sure of the other details. So they did investigate it. One thing you were correct on was it does need to be on a ballot. I would like to have a restaurant too but let’s not start blaming past councils for what they came up with at that time. If the “Republicans” hit the same obstacles they will have the same problems will you also blame them if it doesn’t happen?
By Boro Friend
Brookhaven is just fine without a liquor licence.If we are talking about some up scale restaurant I guess it's alright. But anything less then that ,forget about it.
By HappyGoLucky
What people need to remember also is that if Brookhaven were to get a liquor license, it does not quarente a restuarant will come in and get it. Tom Jones, Coccos or the Chinese Rest could get it.
By boxofrainman
I'm glad to see the Republican council didn't get rid of the Secretaries shows me they are going to work and make things a little better. Good for them!
By Boro Friend
boxofrainman wrote:I'm glad to see the Republican council didn't get rid of the Secretaries shows me they are going to work and make things a little better. Good for them!

A little better than what ???
By Boro Friend
lol..Oh for crying out loud can't you be a little more dramatic..Good, keeping the secretaries will improve the business district.I thought the Dem's here took pretty good care of things in our town.And I don't really like dem's on a whole. I only asked you my question because I thought you knew something but now I just think your a partisan type guy. We have more than our share of them. So go ahead and post. No matter what anyone posts we will wait and see what the the new people bring to bare anyway.They where elected which puts the ball in their court.. Right now I am more worried about the national scene .If we don't change the way we do business in Washington, we are all screwed.At least that's the way I see it.