To the residents of Aston, Brookhaven and Parkside:

My name is John O’Donnell and I am asking for your support in being Re-elected as School Board Director of Penn-Delco School District. I have been on the School Board since 2009, serving as its’ Treasurer since 2011. I have lived in the Parkside Borough of the Penn-Delco School District for the past 10 years with my wife and 2 children. My 2 children attend Penn-Delco schools, 1 in elementary school and 1 in middle school. My family’s community involvement stretches much further than my tenure on the School Board, as my wife and I are heavily involved in youth associations across the district. Additionally, my wife served as Parkside’s PTL President for 4 years and is currently the Vice President of Northley Middle School’s PTL.

During my tenure on Penn-Delco’s School Board:
-From September 2009 till present, I have 100% (yes 100%) attendance at all School Board Study Sessions, Business Meetings, and assigned Committee meetings, therefore exhibiting my dedication to this position.
-My voting record will show that my voting is unbiased of public or political persuasion or motive.

As a member of the Penn-Delco School Board at whole I have:
-Added stability with school Administration and Educational staff that at one time was lacking.
-Added transparency to the district that at one time had none.
-Rid the district of unnecessary legal liabilities.
-Supported programs for ALL of our children, including athletics and the arts.
-Provided safe, up to date facilities and technology that allow our children to achieve academically, including recent “Blue Ribbon” and “Title 1” schools, and continued AYP.
- Continued all necessary and desired programs, with no major cuts, all while maintaining one of the SMALLEST BUDGETS in Delaware County.

Many of you have seen signs placed throughout the district and have been given flyers informing you of who you should vote for. These signs are provided by the political party committees in the district. I have to ask: Should your choice for School Board Director be decided by a political endorsement? Do you want important decisions that need to be made done so by politicians? Or by someone that has proven with their track record that they have no personal agendas?

The Penn-Delco School District has come a long way to head down the right path, but needs your support to help it continue in the right direction. By voting for me on May 21st, you will be voting to support the stability that the Penn-Delco School District needs. Help Keep Politics Out Of Our Schools.

Respectfully yours,
John A. O’Donnell
Thank you to those who have taken the time to read my post. My time on the Penn Delco School Board has been a great experience and my hopes are that it will continue, but cannot do that with out the support of many. Don't forget to get out and vote tomorrow for John O'Donnell, as I will do my best to ensure that all of the good that has been happening continues.
Thank you to all those who supported me on Tuesday! Unfortunately, things did not turn out as favorable as we had hoped. However, it is not over yet. I will still be in the general election in November on one side of the ballot, which makes things a little tough with multiple candidates still running on both ballots. To continue my service to the district and the taxpayers as a School Board Director it will take great word of mouth to make this possible and this is where you can help.

I hope that everyone takes the next six months to learn more about each of the candidates to determine what they can bring to the table that will benefit this District, and also to ensure that there are no political motives. In my earlier post I have stated what strength’s I can bring to the table and am happy to reply if you have any specific questions. Feel free to post your questions or if you feel more comfortable sending a private message. I only ask that you keep any and all of these questions centered around my personal qualifications, goals, initiatives, vision, etc. as I cannot use this forum to discuss any specific board business.

I make my own decisions based on the facts provided on each matter and do not hide behind endorsements or seek political advice to make my decisions. I have no desire to advance in any future political position outside of School Board Director (which as far as I am concerned should not be a “political” position), I just want to make sure that my children and all children within the district have a promising education and experience at a cost that is fair to taxpayers.

Thanks again for your continued support,
John A. O’Donnell
Sorry John ,I am sure you are a well meaning guy but I wish you had looked at this common core a little harder before you voted for it. Some kids start later than others and common core is designed to peg and direct kids early on. They figure out what a student should be interested in or what they would be good at and push him/her in that direction. . It is the same model that some of the communist countries have used. China being the most resent example.There is no one size fits all in education. It's about finding your own way. That's how we do it here John.The government collecting personal information on these kids from family history right up to and including how your parents vote , blood types, and data mining and everything else I have been reading about is way out of line. Our kids are not guinea pigs and do not belong to the state . I don't want to hear that it can't happen here. I know it may all sound good to you on the surface and the country seems to be falling in line, but I think it is trouble. I will be asking the other candidates how they feel about this before the November Election. Folks should get themselves educated now.