By Boro Friend
Turnpike wrote:Progressive twist again, they asked for help from the French, and they paid for their help. They didn't ask for permission.

You would have to read the latest in revision history to know for sure. :P
By Phaedrus
Turnpike wrote:Progressive twist again, they asked for help from the French, and they paid for their help. They didn't ask for permission.

1. I didn't say they asked permission
2. Obama did not ask permission. Our country was asked to intervene.
By pinkie1978
Phaedrus wrote:

1. I didn't say they asked permission
2. Obama did not ask permission. Our country was asked to intervene.

Do you think Obama would step down as president if others intervene?
By Phaedrus
Under what circumstances would the intervention be necessary?

The United Nations has a role. We are a signatary to the U.N. Charter and that represents an obligation on our part to work with the international community. The attitude of people like Turnpike who would have us act as we wish is reckless and would create international anarchy if every country behaved in this manner.

When Iraq invaded Kuwait, we had made the mistake of giving Iraq a green light and, in the early days after, ignoring the clear breech of international law. Margaret Thatcher had to point out to Bush the precedent that was being set before he decided action was necessary.
By Turnpike
Here's the Progressive twist, I said when our country is attacked. You left that part out. I didn't mention anything about the current president, or current events. Current history was research mentioned. Are we referring to the current history books that the Progressives have tried to change since 1973? The books that are indoctrinating our youth. I'm just asking. Progressives look for every chance to bash how we as a nation came about, and how we got to where we are today. Which isn't half as bad as were other leading nation where in the past, or are currently. As for the founders remarks, something to remember, our founders haven't done as much destructions as the communist have done. Global anarchy is the fear mongering that Progressive throw around to promote their global governance agendas. I guess the food for oil scandal was justify for the French leader and the president of the UN. Since it's helping with global governance and helping to get rid of global anarchy. With these two entities, are we better now then before? But there again, that's just how people are who are like Turnpike..........