By ElephantInTheRoom
Mrs. Burke writes:

"It is his job to make sure they are in place. I have personally knocked on his door to get him to cover the corner while he slowly saunters to the corner. I have personally met with the former Principal reguarding these issues."

So Chief Egan DOES listen to you and walks to the corner! Mrs. Burke, you just admitted Chief Egan PERSONALLY covers as a crossing guard when there is one missing. You just don't like the way he walks. You also don't like the fact he drives a corvette, and you worry about Crilly repairing it.

You admit you talked to the Principal, but you don't explain what came of those conversations. You don't explain the Principal's role in all this. You don't explain why the Principal does not get off his butt and do his job. Borough employees or not, the school district is just as responsible to make sure a crossing guard is present as the Police Chief.

In this day and age? In the world we currently live in. If a parent is permitting a 5 year old to walk to school unsupervised. Shame on them! This concerns me more than a missing crossing guard.

Reading between the lines. It appears everybody is a little sick and tired of bending over backwards for you. Council, Police, and School District. After all, they are doing all they can do, and you will never be happy.

Mrs. Burke, I already know this. There will be another missing crossing guard, or one that's late. It's a fact of life. And you will be there to remind everybody about it.

Bill Cropper
Parkside, PA
By welshwitch63
Wow we should applaud someone for doing their job Interesting. We should be thankful they do their job. Once again this slowly IT is a contractual obligation between the Boro and the School District. It is Not taken seriously By Council or Egan.
To protect and to serve . If there are outages then a coverage system should be in place with substitutes available. Very simple. When asked about the crossing guard everyone says it is the police's area, so the police are called .

Is is possible for you to answer a question? Cannot you admit That Houston we have a problem here? It is Okay for you to spread the fear and doom and gloom but not say maybe this could be improved?

Bending over backwards? Get real. Council does not like bad press that's what spurred them into action. And God forbid someone gets hit on Edgemont then they will take credit for their actions to prevent it in the future.

Once again unless you have school aged children and walk to and from school at different times of the day , you do not have a clue.Here's a dollar buy one.

I hope everyone is tired of me and I will make note of everyone outage on Edgemont and Elbon. The do not have a 100% record either. These are outages I happened to notice and document, you can bet there are many more. This is not a problem in other neighboring towns.

It seems you can justify anything Council and Egan does. You have a reason for all thier actions but you have been to one council meeting. Interesting.

I will not go quietly into this good night.....
By newbee
My hat off to you Mr. Crooper......nice research, detailed and complete. Miss Witch doesn't like to be proven wrong and you have hit the nail on the head. No matter what you say, what you prove, what detailed your research is, it will never be enough for her. Her agenda is to smear the council and the chief and no matter which way you cut it, that's the bottom line. But again, I must applaud you for a great job! You have my admiration and respect.

Buzzzzz on Parkside on this great evening in our small town....................
By welshwitch63
Research what research? If Bill says it they will come. Better check your facts Mr Newbee lest you are proven wrong.
Early dismissals called at the last minute? Since when?
Do you have any idea of the history of this issue? Oh that's right town meeting what town meeting? You do not remember it so it didn't happen, maybe age is a issue for you.

Mr Cropper and his research have many holes. He and you have no first hand experience with this particular issue and you will condone and justify anything the new and improved council does or their inaction.

Just wait until the Boro gets slapped with a law suit for a child getting hit because the crossing guard's car broke down and the Police were tied up with too important things to do. Since outages have been documented and reported , who do you think will be held harmless in a suit. HMMMM?

But what do I know the superior ones have spoken, it must be true even though they are making it up as they go along. Oh those Evil Democrats and thier slander and propganda.
By newbee
Miss Witch: The school district and the boro pay 1/2 of the crossing guards salary. They hire, the police do background checks. As far as research...yes it appears that Mr. Cropper does his. You cannot seem to find a new topic why is that.....because you have nothing new that isn't one year old or older..how about something intelligent for a change...........What do you think of the new female Supreme Court Judge? Did you hear about that one? How about the plane crash over the Hudson???? Anything new and refreshing from you would be New and Refreshing! Try it, you may like it and receive some positive feedback. Or are you into negative comments and negative results?

Your favorite buzzard...........buzzes on.....